Mounting Medium for IHC - Aqueous (ab64230)
Product nameMounting Medium for IHC - Aqueous
See all mounting media reagents
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Mounting Medium ab64230 is an aqueous mounting medium designed for use with chromogenic tissue and cell staining. It can be used with chromogens such as Fast-Red or AEC that require an aqueous mounting medium, or those that do not, such as DAB. When it is dry, it generates an even surface and can be used without a glass coverslip.
Mounting media products
For fluorescent cell and tissue staining, Abcam recommends aqueous, anti-fade Fluorescence Mounting Medium ab104135, Mounting Medium with DAPI ab104139, and Mounting Medium with PI ab104129. For thick sections or tissues containing lots of fat, we recommend Glycerol Mounting Medium with DAPI ab188804.
For chromogenic immunohistochemistry, such as with DAB, AEC, or Fast Red, we recommend this product, Mounting Medium ab64230, or organic Limonene Mounting Medium ab104141.
IHC protocol suitable for use with Mounting Medium ab64230:
1. Deparaffinize and rehydrate formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue section.
2. Use appropriate antigen retrieval buffer or enzyme (primary antibody dependent) to treat sections. Wash 3 times in buffer.
3. Add enough hydrogen peroxide blocking solution to cover the sections. Incubate for 10 minutes. Wash 2 times in buffer. If necessary, use avidin biotin blocking.
4. Apply protein block (or normal serum from same species as secondary antibody) and incubate for 5 minutes at room temperature to block nonspecific background staining. Wash once in buffer.
5. Apply primary antibody in antibody diluent and incubate.
6. Wash 4 times in buffer. Incubate slide with biotinylated secondary antibody (or HRP polymer secondary antibody and skip step 7). Wash 4 times in buffer.
7. Apply streptavidin-HRP and incubate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
8. Rinse 4 times in buffer. Place slide in DAB substrate or AEC Substrate and incubate until desired color is achieved (1-10 mins). Rinse 4 times in buffer.
9. Add enough drops of hematoxylin to cover the section. Incubate for 1 minute.
10. Rinse 7-8 times in tap water. Add Mounting Medium ab64230 to cover the section.
Find complete IHC kits, and reagents for antigen retrieval, blocking, signal amplification, visualization, counterstaining, and mounting in the IHC kits and reagents guide.
Storage instructionsStore at room temperature.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Reagent notesab64230 is formulated for coverslipping sections. It can be used with chromogens such as Fast-Red or AEC that require an aqueous mounting medium, or those that do not, such as DAB. When it is dry, it generates an even surface and can be used without a glass coverslip.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64230 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Use at an assay dependent dilution.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
Datasheets and documents
ab64230 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Li M et al. Long non-coding RNA AFAP1-AS1 facilitates the growth and invasiveness of oral squamous cell carcinoma by regulating the miR-145/HOXA1 axis. Oncol Rep 45:1094-1104 (2021). PubMed: 33650645
- Tang T et al. Pterostilbene reduces endothelial cell injury in vascular arterial walls by regulating the Nrf2-mediated AMPK/STAT3 pathway in an atherosclerosis rat model. Exp Ther Med 19:45-52 (2020). PubMed: 31853271
- Tang Y et al. Knockdown of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 5A2 enhances the therapeutic efficiency of doxorubicin in hepatocellular carcinoma cells by triggering lethal autophagy. Int J Oncol 57:1368-1380 (2020). PubMed: 33174013
- Kole E et al. Effects of melatonin on ovarian reserve in cigarette smoking: an experimental study. Arch Med Sci 16:1376-1386 (2020). PubMed: 33224337
- Kim YS et al. Novel Medicine for Endometriosis and Its Therapeutic Effect in a Mouse Model. Biomedicines 8:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33339236
- Lu J et al. Resveratrol alleviates inflammatory injury and enhances the apoptosis of fibroblast-like synoviocytes via mitochondrial dysfunction and ER stress in rats with adjuvant arthritis. Mol Med Rep 20:463-472 (2019). PubMed: 31180523
- Liang Y et al. Protective effect of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation on intestinal mucosal injury after cardiopulmonary resuscitation in pigs. Exp Ther Med 18:4347-4355 (2019). PubMed: 31777541
- Chen YC et al. Laser-emission imaging of nuclear biomarkers for high-contrast cancer screening and immunodiagnosis. Nat Biomed Eng 1:724-735 (2017). PubMed: 29204310
- Nakamura F et al. Documentation and localization of force-mediated filamin A domain perturbations in moving cells. Nat Commun 5:4656 (2014). PubMed: 25120197