Antibody Diluent (HAMA Blocker) for ELISA (ab193969)
Product nameAntibody Diluent (HAMA Blocker) for ELISA
Antibody Diluent (HAMA Blocker) for ELISA ab193969 is used for sandwich antibody pair based assays that are susceptible to heterophilic antibody interference. This diluent is specially formulated to quantitate your proteins of interest in complex sample types, such as Human serum or Human plasma. Our formulation is shown to alleviate antibody interference due to heterophilic antibodies such as Human Anti-Mouse Antibody (HAMA). Heterophilic antibodies are a common problem in immunoassays such as ELISA, often causing false positive or false negative results. Abcam’s Antibody Diluent (HAMA Blocker) for ELISA is shown to eliminate heterophilic/HAMA interferences without compromising true signal quantitation.
The Antibody Diluent (HAMA Blocker) for ELISA solution is also known as Antibody Diluent CPI when included in our SimpleStep ELISA™ kits.
DO NOT FREEZE. Buffer should be stored at +4°C.
Instructions for use
Antibody Diluent (HAMA Blocker) for ELISA comes as a ready to use solution.
Samples should be diluted to within the desired working range of your assay in Antibody Diluent (HAMA Blocker) for ELISA.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 12 ml 50 ml Antibody Diluent CPI - HAMA Blocker (ab193969) 1 x 12ml 1 x 50ml
Example of Heterophilic Antibody Interference in Human Plasma. False positive signals are detected in a sandwich ELISA assay in Heterophilic positive and HAMA positive plasma. This interference was not observed in a control normal human plasma sample. When using both standard blocking buffers and commercially formulated heterophilic blocking buffers (1, 2, 3). Abcam’s Serum and Plasma Assay Diluent outperformed its competitors by eliminating the heterophilic interference or false positive signal. Mean raw absorbance values +/- SD are graphed.
Note on above data:
Commercial Block 1 – strong false positive signal detected in both heterophilic and HAMA positive plasmas.
Commercial Block 2 – Moderate false positive signal detected in heterophilic positive plasma.
Commercial Block 3 – Elevated background (OD ~ 0.2) in all human plasma samples. This high of a background signal negatively affects sensitivity of the assay.
Our Serum and Plasma Assay Diluent – Completely eliminated the heterophilic interference in all human plasma samples tested. (OD ~ 0.08)
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
Datasheets and documents
ab193969 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Yang KS et al. Extracellular Vesicle Analysis Allows for Identification of Invasive IPMN. Gastroenterology 160:1345-1358.e11 (2021). PubMed: 33301777
- Wright BL et al. Normalized serum eosinophil peroxidase levels are inversely correlated with esophageal eosinophilia in eosinophilic esophagitis. Dis Esophagus 31:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29228243
- Sun Y et al. Genetically engineered recombinant adenovirus expressing interleukin-2 for hepatocellular carcinoma therapy. Mol Med Rep 17:300-306 (2018). PubMed: 29115604
- Cai C et al. Preclinical trial of the multi-targeted lenvatinib in combination with cellular immunotherapy for treatment of renal cell carcinoma. Exp Ther Med 14:3221-3228 (2017). PubMed: 28912872
- Li J et al. A multi-targeted tyrosine kinase inhibitor lenvatinib for the treatment of mice with advanced glioblastoma. Mol Med Rep 16:7105-7111 (2017). PubMed: 28901423