Key features and details
- Assay time: 1 hr
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells, Tissue
Product nameHistone Extraction Kit
See all Histone Extraction kits
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay time1h 00m
Histone Extraction Kit (ab113476) is suitable for a quick isolation of total histone extracts from cells and tissue samples from mammals and other species.
The amount of starting material can be as low as 105 cells or 1 mg of tissue. For best results, the cell number should be >106 cells or the tissue amount should be >10 mg.
A total of 100 standard extractions (using 107 cells or 100 mg of tissue per extraction) can be performed with this kit. Yield of the total histone proteins can be up to 0.4 mg per 107 cells or per 100 mg of tissue. The yield may vary depending on the cell or tissue type.
Histone purification is most often performed before the analysis of the global levels within a sample of post-translational histone modifications in western blot.
Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) is the most common technique used for the analysis of histone modifications at specific sites within the genome. Use a chromatin extraction kit instead of a histone purification kit for the preparation of samples for ChIP.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests 10X Pre-Lysis Buffer 1 x 10ml Balance Buffer 1 x 8ml DTT Solution 1 x 20µl Lysis Buffer 1 x 20ml
The differences in H3 acetylation level in fetal livers (female fetuses aged 19 dpc) from F1, F2, and F3 generations. measured with ab113476. Histones were prepared using ab115124
Asterisk indicate a significant difference between the respective C and R groups: ∗∗ P < 0.01; NS not significant. Data presented as the means ± SE (n = 6 per group).
SDS-PAGE Analysis of samples prepared using Histone extraction Kit.
Histones were purified from mouse liver cells using ab113476. Each lane was loaded with 15μg of purified histone.
Image courtesy of Kevin Dalgaard, MPI for Immunobiology & Epigenetics, Freiburg, DE
Histone extracts were prepared from MCF-7 cells using the ab113476 and acetyl histone H3-K9 was quantified.
ab113476 has been referenced in 86 publications.
- Moronczyk J et al. Insights into the Histone Acetylation-Mediated Regulation of the Transcription Factor Genes That Control the Embryogenic Transition in the Somatic Cells of Arabidopsis. Cells 11:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35269485
- Liu CT et al. Targeting glycolysis in Th2 cells by pterostilbene attenuates clinical severities in an asthmatic mouse model and IL-4 production in peripheral blood from asthmatic patients. Immunology 166:222-237 (2022). PubMed: 35285025
- Schott M et al. Impact of CYLD on chromatin structure and histone methylation in malignant melanoma. Int J Mol Med 49:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35293595
- Lorzadeh A et al. Polycomb contraction differentially regulates terminal human hematopoietic differentiation programs. BMC Biol 20:104 (2022). PubMed: 35550087
- He L et al. Epigenetic modification mechanism of histone demethylase KDM1A in regulating cardiomyocyte apoptosis after myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury. PeerJ 10:e13823 (2022). PubMed: 35959481