Key features and details
- Assay type: Quantitative
- Sample type: Tissue
Product nameMitochondria Isolation Kit for Tissue (with Dounce Homogenizer)
See all Mitochondria Isolation kits
ab110169 (MS851) contains sufficient reagents for up to 10 benchtop mitochondria isolations from hard or soft tissues. Isolated mitochondria can be analyzed by Western Blotting, Immunocapture, or Activity assay.
Tested tissues: brain, liver and heart
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 kit Dounce Homogenizer (2 ml size) with pestles 1 unit Isolation Buffer 1 x 100ml Wash Buffer 1 x 30ml
- mitochondria purification
- mitochondrial isolation
- mitochondrial purification
Rat liver mitochondria were isolated using Abcam's ab110169/MS851 Mitochondria Isolation Kit for Tissue (with Dounce Homogenizer). 2 µg (lane 1) and 10 µg (lane 2) of mitochondria were tested with Abcam's ab110413/MS604 (MitoProfile® Total OXPHOS Rodent WB Antibody Cocktail). Mitochondria are enriched and so Western blot band intensity of mitochondrial proteins is greater in these mitochondrial preparations when compared to homogenate at respective amounts, see lane 3 and 4
ab110169 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Crislip GR et al. Apparent Absence of BMAL1-Dependent Skeletal Muscle-Kidney Cross Talk in Mice. Biomolecules 12:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35204763
- Papachristodoulou A et al. NKX3.1 Localization to Mitochondria Suppresses Prostate Cancer Initiation. Cancer Discov 11:2316-2333 (2021). PubMed: 33893149
- Liu P et al. Ferroptosis contributes to isoflurane-induced neurotoxicity and learning and memory impairment. Cell Death Discov 7:72 (2021). PubMed: 33828088
- Liu Y et al. Attenuation of Ischemic Stroke-Caused Brain Injury by a Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor Involves Improved Proteostasis and Reduced Neuroinflammation. Mol Neurobiol 57:937-948 (2020). PubMed: 31620993
- Gao P et al. Inhibition of Mitochondrial Calcium Overload by SIRT3 Prevents Obesity- or Age-Related Whitening of Brown Adipose Tissue. Diabetes 69:165-180 (2020). PubMed: 31712319