Key features and details
- Assay type: Direct
- Assay time: 4 hr
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells, Tissue
Product nameMitochondria/Cytosol Fractionation Kit
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay time4h 00m
Abcam's Mitochondria/Cytosol Fractionation Kit provides unique formulations of reagents for effective isolation of a highly enriched mitochondrial fraction from cytosolic fraction of mammalian cells including both apoptotic and nonapoptotic cells. The enriched mitochondrial and cytosolic fractions can be used for studying apoptotic and signal transduction pathways to detect translocation of factors interested between the two fractions by Western blotting, ELISA, or other assays. Procedures are simple and easy to perform, no ultracentrifugations and toxic chemicals are involved.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K256 Mitochondria/Cytosol Fractionation Kit. K256-100 is the same size as the 100 test size of ab65320.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests 25 tests 5X Cytosol Extraction Buffer I 1 x 20ml 1 x 5ml DTT 1 x 110µl 1 x 110µl Mitochondria Extraction Buffer 1 x 10ml 1 x 2.5ml Protease Inhibitor Cocktail 1 vial 1 vial
RelevanceMitochondria/Cytosol Fractionation is the process for effective isolation of a highly enriched mitochondrial fraction from the cytosolic fraction of mammalian cells.
ab65320 has been referenced in 96 publications.
- Wan Y et al. Effects and mechanisms of CTRP3 overexpression in secondary brain injury following intracerebral hemorrhage in rats. Exp Ther Med 23:35 (2022). PubMed: 34849150
- Huang FL et al. Niclosamide suppresses T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia growth through activation of apoptosis and autophagy. Oncol Rep 47:N/A (2022). PubMed: 34913075
- Lee CW et al. Naringenin Induces ROS-Mediated ER Stress, Autophagy, and Apoptosis in Human Osteosarcoma Cell Lines. Molecules 27:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35056691
- Li X et al. DsbA-L interacts with VDAC1 in mitochondrion-mediated tubular cell apoptosis and contributes to the progression of acute kidney disease. EBioMedicine 76:103859 (2022). PubMed: 35124430
- Kang DY et al. Antitumor Effects of Natural Bioactive Ursolic Acid in Embryonic Cancer Stem Cells. J Oncol 2022:6737248 (2022). PubMed: 35222644