Key features and details
- Assay time: 1 hr
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells, Tissue
Product nameNuclear Extraction Kit
See all Nuclear Extraction kits
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay time1h 00m
Nuclear Extraction Kit (ab113474) provides a simple and selective method along with all necessary reagents for nuclear protein extraction / nuclear protein fractionation in just 1 hour.
The extracts can then be used in western blotting, protein-DNA binding assays, nuclear enzyme assays or any other procedures requiring optimized nuclear proteins. The protocol is fast and easy-to-use, and isolates very abundant yields of nuclear extract from mammalian cells or tissue samples.
Not sure if this is the right product for you? Check out our Methods and tools to study histone modifications for help.
Compared to other kits that use conventional nuclear extraction / nuclear fractionation methods, the buffers included in ab113474 contain much lower amounts of salts (80% less than conventional kits) and no SDS, which allows much better retention of enzyme activity in the nuclear extracts.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests 1000X Protease Inhibitor Cocktail 1 x 110µl 10X Pre-Extraction Buffer 1 x 10ml DTT Solution (1000X) 1 x 110µl ENE2 (Extraction Buffer) 1 x 10ml
Effect of two drugs refered to as Cilo (50 and 100 mg/kg; Cilo50and Cilo100), and Pio (3 and 10 mg/kg; Pio3 and Pio10), and their combination (Cilo50and Pio3) on the PPAR-γ transcription activity in rats subjected to ischemia (45 min)/reperfusion (24 hrs).
Drugs were administered orally for 14 days then subjected to ischemia/reperfusion. Values are expressed as mean ± S.E.M (n = 6). Data are compared with sham operated control (#), I/R control (∗), Cilo50 (), Pio3 (), and combination (§) pretreated groups (one-way ANOVA followed by Tukey Multiple Comparison Test) at P<0.05.
B16F10 cells were treated with 30 µM of DMPB for the indicated time periods. Cytoplasmic and nuclear fractions were isolated and analyzed by Western blotting.
Nuclear extracts were prepared from MCF-7 cells and the activity of HDACs were measured using different amounts of the extract. The result shown in the figure demonstrates the ab113474's high specificity.
ab113474 has been referenced in 206 publications.
- Samy DM et al. Carnosic Acid Mitigates Depression-Like Behavior in Ovariectomized Mice via Activation of Nrf2/HO-1 Pathway. Mol Neurobiol 60:610-628 (2023). PubMed: 36331794
- Richter M et al. Role of Fiber Shaft Length in Tumor Targeting with Ad5/3 Vectors. Genes (Basel) 13:N/A (2022). PubMed: 36360292
- Palomar-Siles M et al. Translational readthrough of nonsense mutant TP53 by mRNA incorporation of 5-Fluorouridine. Cell Death Dis 13:997 (2022). PubMed: 36433934
- Stock AJ et al. Aberrant expression and localization of the RAP1 shelterin protein contribute to age-related phenotypes. PLoS Genet 18:e1010506 (2022). PubMed: 36441670
- Li H et al. β-hydroxybutyrate reduces reinstatement of cocaine conditioned place preference through hippocampal CaMKII-α β-hydroxybutyrylation. Cell Rep 41:111724 (2022). PubMed: 36450263