Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Profilin 1 - Carboxyterminal end
- Suitable for: IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50667 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionBinds to actin and affects the structure of the cytoskeleton. At high concentrations, profilin prevents the polymerization of actin, whereas it enhances it at low concentrations. By binding to PIP2, it inhibits the formation of IP3 and DG.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the profilin family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- Actin binding protein antibody
- ALS18 antibody
- Epididymis tissue protein Li 184a antibody
Lane 1: Positve control — Western blot: ab50667 at a concentration of 1μg/ml on whole extract of Mouse 3T3 cells at 10μg/ml.
Lane 2: Immunoprecipitation — 10 μg of ab50667 was used to immunoprecipitate Mouse Profilin 1 from 3T3 cell lysate (20μg/ml). Detection antibody: Rabbit Anti-Profilin 1 (N-terminal) antibody.
Lane 3: Negative control — non-relevant antibody was used for IP. Detection antibody: Rabbit Anti-Profilin 1 (N-terminal) antibody
ab50667 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Rebowski G et al. Mechanism of actin N-terminal acetylation. Sci Adv 6:eaay8793 (2020). PubMed: 32284999
- Henty-Ridilla JL et al. Profilin Directly Promotes Microtubule Growth through Residues Mutated in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Curr Biol 27:3535-3543.e4 (2017). PubMed: 29129529
- Guo Z et al. A Legionella effector modulates host cytoskeletal structure by inhibiting actin polymerization. Microbes Infect N/A:N/A (2013). PubMed: 24286927
- Viitanen M et al. Experimental studies of mitochondrial function in CADASIL vascular smooth muscle cells. Exp Cell Res : (2012). PubMed: 23036509
- Saffary R & Xie Z FMRP regulates the transition from radial glial cells to intermediate progenitor cells during neocortical development. J Neurosci 31:1427-39 (2011). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 21273427
- Misselwitz B et al. RNAi screen of Salmonella invasion shows role of COPI in membrane targeting of cholesterol and Cdc42. Mol Syst Biol 7:474 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21407211
- Maltman DJ et al. Proteomic profiling of the stem cell response to retinoic acid and synthetic retinoid analogues: identification of major retinoid-inducible proteins. Mol Biosyst 5:458-71 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19381361