Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Progesterone Receptor
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Progesterone Receptor antibody
See all Progesterone Receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Progesterone Receptor
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from Human Progesterone Receptor around the phosphorylation site of serine 294 (G-R-SP-P-L).
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab63605 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63605 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/500 - 1/1000.
1/50 - 1/100.
1/500 - 1/1000.
1/50 - 1/100.
FunctionThe steroid hormones and their receptors are involved in the regulation of eukaryotic gene expression and affect cellular proliferation and differentiation in target tissues. Progesterone receptor isoform B (PRB) is involved activation of c-SRC/MAPK signaling on hormone stimulation.
Isoform A: inactive in stimulating c-Src/MAPK signaling on hormone stimulation.
Isoform 4: Increases mitochondrial membrane potential and cellular respiration upon stimulation by progesterone.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR3 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
DomainComposed of three domains: a modulating N-terminal domain, a DNA-binding domain and a C-terminal ligand-binding domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on multiple serine sites. Several of these sites are hormone-dependent. Phosphorylation on Ser-294 occurs preferentially on isoform B, is highly hormone-dependent and modulates ubiquitination and sumoylation on Lys-388. Phosphorylation on Ser-102 and Ser-345 also requires induction by hormone. Basal phosphorylation on Ser-81, Ser-162, Ser-190 and Ser-400 is increased in response to progesterone and can be phosphorylated in vitro by the CDK2-A1 complex. Increased levels of phosphorylation on Ser-400 also in the presence of EGF, heregulin, IGF, PMA and FBS. Phosphorylation at this site by CDK2 is ligand-independent, and increases nuclear translocation and transcriptional activity. Phosphorylation at Ser-162 and Ser-294, but not at Ser-190, is impaired during the G(2)/M phase of the cell cycle. Phosphorylation on Ser-345 by ERK1/2 MAPK is required for interaction with SP1.
Sumoylation is hormone-dependent and represses transcriptional activity. Sumoylation on all three sites is enhanced by PIAS3. Desumoylated by SENP1. Sumoylation on Lys-388, the main site of sumoylation, is repressed by ubiquitination on the same site, and modulated by phosphorylation at Ser-294.
Ubiquitination is hormone-dependent and represses sumoylation on the same site. Promoted by MAPK-mediated phosphorylation on Ser-294.
Palmitoylated by ZDHHC7 and ZDHHC21. Palmitoylation is required for plasma membrane targeting and for rapid intracellular signaling via ERK and AKT kinases and cAMP generation.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Nucleoplasmic shuttling is both homone- and cell cycle-dependent. On hormone stimulation, retained in the cytoplasm in the G(1) and G(2)/M phases; Mitochondrion outer membrane and Nucleus. Cytoplasm. Mainly nuclear.
- Information by UniProt
- NR3C3 antibody
- Nuclear receptor subfamily 3 group C member 3 antibody
- PGR antibody
Paraffin-embedded human liver carcinoma tissue stained for Progesterone Receptor with ab63605 at 1/50 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
In the right-hand panel the sample is incubated with the immunizing peptide.
ab63605, at a 1/500 dilution, staining Human Progesterone Receptor in A549 cells, with (+) or without (-) immunising peptide, by Immunofluorescence.
ab63605 staining Progesterone Receptor in Mouse uterus tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.3% Triton X-100 and blocked with 2% BSA for 1 hour at room temperature; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in Tris_EDTA. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100) for 10 hours at 4°C. A HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/100) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab63605 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Hiraoka T et al. Differential roles of uterine epithelial and stromal STAT3 coordinate uterine receptivity and embryo attachment. Sci Rep 10:15523 (2020). PubMed: 32968170
- Pascual R et al. The RNA binding protein CPEB2 regulates hormone sensing in mammary gland development and luminal breast cancer. Sci Adv 6:eaax3868 (2020). PubMed: 32440535
- Pan B et al. Establishment and characterization of breast cancer organoids from a patient with mammary Paget's disease. Cancer Cell Int 20:365 (2020). PubMed: 32774159
- Yoshida K et al. Progesterone signaling during pregnancy in the lab opossum, Monodelphis domestica. Theriogenology 136:101-110 (2019). PubMed: 31254723
- Huang R et al. Androgen Receptor Expression and Bicalutamide Antagonize Androgen Receptor Inhibit ß-Catenin Transcription Complex in Estrogen Receptor-Negative Breast Cancer. Cell Physiol Biochem 43:2212-2225 (2017). PubMed: 29069648
- Bashour NM & Wray S Progesterone directly and rapidly inhibits GnRH neuronal activity via progesterone receptor membrane component 1. Endocrinology 153:4457-69 (2012). PubMed: 22822163