Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Prolyl Endopeptidase
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Dog
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Prolyl Endopeptidase antibody
See all Prolyl Endopeptidase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Prolyl Endopeptidase
Specificityab58988 does not recognize other Prolyl Endopeptidase family members.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Dog
Synthetic peptide based on the amino terminal end of human Prolyl Endopeptidase. (Peptide available as ab63973.) Immunizing peptide available on request, please contact a customer service representative to ask for availability.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 2.9% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab58988 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
A recommended starting concentration for Western blots is 1:1,000 when using colorimetric substrates such as BCIP/NBT, and 1:5,000 for chemiluminescent substrates.
EDTA/EGTA treatment of tissues or lysates is required to see latent zymogen.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionCleaves peptide bonds on the C-terminal side of prolyl residues within peptides that are up to approximately 30 amino acids long.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S9A family.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
- Information by UniProt
- dJ355L5.1 (prolyl endopeptidase) antibody
- HGNC:9358 antibody
- MGC16060 antibody
ab58988 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Jiang DX et al. Prolyl endopeptidase gene disruption attenuates high fat diet-induced nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in mice by improving hepatic steatosis and inflammation. Ann Transl Med 8:218 (2020). PubMed: 32309365
- Svarcbahs R et al. Prolyl oligopeptidase inhibition activates autophagy via protein phosphatase 2A. Pharmacol Res 151:104558 (2019). PubMed: 31759088
- Venditti M et al. Study on PREP localization in mouse seminal vesicles and its possible involvement during regulated exocytosis. Zygote 27:160-165 (2019). PubMed: 31060637
- Shinde MY et al. Phosphoproteomics reveals that glycogen synthase kinase-3 phosphorylates multiple splicing factors and is associated with alternative splicing. J Biol Chem 292:18240-18255 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28916722
- Justa-Schuch D et al. The amino terminus extension in the long dipeptidyl peptidase 9 isoform contains a nuclear localization signal targeting the active peptidase to the nucleus. Cell Mol Life Sci 71:3611-26 (2014). WB . PubMed: 24562348
- Kim JD et al. Hypothalamic prolyl endopeptidase (PREP) regulates pancreatic insulin and glucagon secretion in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:11876-81 (2014). PubMed: 25071172
- D'Agostino G et al. Prolyl endopeptidase-deficient mice have reduced synaptic spine density in the CA1 region of the hippocampus, impaired LTP, and spatial learning and memory. Cereb Cortex 23:2007-14 (2013). PubMed: 22767632
- Perroud B et al. In vivo multiplex quantitative analysis of 3 forms of alpha melanocyte stimulating hormone in pituitary of prolyl endopeptidase deficient mice. Mol Brain 2:14 (2009). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 19490636
- Warden CH et al. Maternal influence of prolyl endopeptidase on fat mass of adult progeny. Int J Obes (Lond) 33:1013-22 (2009). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 19564876