Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Prostaglandin E Synthase/MPGES-1
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Prostaglandin E Synthase/MPGES-1 antibody
See all Prostaglandin E Synthase/MPGES-1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Prostaglandin E Synthase/MPGES-1
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species IHC-PHuman
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Prostaglandin E Synthase/MPGES-1 (N terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
Previously labelled as Prostaglandin E Synthase
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing the problem with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation.
One factor contributing to the crisis is the use of antibodies that are not suitable. This can lead to misleading results and the use of incorrect data informing project assumptions and direction. To help address this challenge, we have introduced an application and species grid on our primary antibody datasheets to make it easy to simplify identification of the right antibody for your needs.
Learn more here.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62050 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.
FunctionCatalyzes the oxidoreduction of prostaglandin endoperoxide H2 (PGH2) to prostaglandin E2 (PGE2).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MAPEG family.
- Information by UniProt
- Glutathione S transferase 1 like 1 antibody
- MGC10317 antibody
- MGST IV antibody
ab62050 staining Prostaglandin E Synthase/MPGES-1 in Mouse testis tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with Triton-X and blocked with 10% serum for 30 minutes at 24°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a citrate buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/50) for 20 hours at 4°C. ab150075, a donkey anti-rabbit Alexa Fluor® 647- (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human testis tissue, staining Prostaglandin E Synthase/MPGES-1 with ab62050 at 10 µg/ml.
ab62050 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Akthar I et al. In vitro and in vivo impairment of embryo implantation by commonly used fungicide Mancozeb. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 527:42-48 (2020). PubMed: 32446389
- Chen Z et al. CRISPR/Cas9-based liver-derived reporter cells for screening of mPGES-1 inhibitors. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 34:799-807 (2019). PubMed: 30879343
- Berisha B et al. Prostaglandins in Superovulation Induced Bovine Follicles During the Preovulatory Period and Early Corpus Luteum. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 10:467 (2019). PubMed: 31354631
- Berisha B et al. Changes in the expression of prostaglandin family members in bovine corpus luteum during the estrous cycle and pregnancy. Mol Reprod Dev 85:622-634 (2018). PubMed: 29877057
- Maseda D et al. mPGES-1-Mediated Production of PGE2 and EP4 Receptor Sensing Regulate T Cell Colonic Inflammation. Front Immunol 9:2954 (2018). PubMed: 30619314
- Uchida K et al. Transforming growth factor activating kinase 1 regulates extracellular matrix degrading enzymes and pain-related molecule expression following tumor necrosis factor-a stimulation of synovial cells: an in vitro study. BMC Musculoskelet Disord 18:283 (2017). PubMed: 28668088
- Shi X et al. The involvement and possible mechanism of NR4A1 in chondrocyte apoptosis during osteoarthritis. Am J Transl Res 9:746-754 (2017). PubMed: 28337303