Product nameProstaglandin E2 ELISA Kit
See all PGE2 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Low PGE2 24 116pg/ml 8.9% Medium PGE2 24 492pg/ml 5.8% High PGE2 24 2416pg/ml 17.5% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Low PGE2 8 111pg/ml 3% Medium PGE2 8 419pg/ml 5.1% High PGE2 8 1902pg/ml 3.9%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Saliva, Urine, Serum, Whole Blood
Range39.1 pg/ml - 2500 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Saliva 123.3 % - % Urine 108.9 % - % Whole Blood 101.2 % - % Tissue Culture Media 104.4 % - %
Assay time3h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
PGE2 ELISA kit (Prostaglandin E2) is a competitive ELISA designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of Prostaglandin E2 in serum, saliva, urine and tissue culture media and other biological fluids.
A mouse IgG antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, along with an alkaline phosphatase (AP) conjugated-Prostaglandin E2 antibody. After incubation the excess reagents are washed away and pNpp substrate is added and is catalyzed by AP to produce a yellow color. The intensity of the yellow coloration is inversely proportional to the amount of Prostaglandin E2 captured in the plate.
This kit is unsuitable for mouse serum as samples containing mouse IgG may interfere with the assay.
Tissue/Cell lysate have not been internaly validated so we do not have specific protocols for them however a number of users have had successful results using these sample types.
Prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) is formed in a variety of cells from PGH2, which itself is synthesized from arachidonic acid by the enzyme prostaglandin synthetase. PGE2 has been shown to have a number of biological actions, including vasodilation, both anti- and proinflammatory action, modulation of sleep/wake cycles, and facilitation of the replication of human immunodeficiency virus. It elevates cAMP levels, stimulates bone resorption, and has thermoregulatory effects. It has been shown to be a regulator of sodium excretion and renal hemodynamics.
Compound % Cross Reactivity PGE2 100 PGE1 70 PGE3 16.3 PGF1α 1.4 PGF2α 0.7 6-keto-PGF1α 0.6 PGA2 0.1 PGB1 0.1 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-PGF2α <0.1 6,15-keto-13,14-dihydro-PGF1α <0.1 Thromboxane B2 <0.1 2-Arachidonoylglycerol <0.1 Anandamide <0.1 PGD2 <0.1 Arachadonic Acid <0.1
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 27ml Assay Buffer 1 x 27ml Goat anti-mouse IgG Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit PGE2 Alkaline Phosphatase Conjugate 1 x 5ml Plate Sealer 1 unit pNpp Substrate 1 x 20ml Prostaglandin E2 Antibody 1 x 5ml Prostaglandin E2 Standard 1 x 500µl Stop Solution 1 x 5ml
RelevanceReceptor for prostaglandin E2 (PGE2). The activity of this receptor is mediated by G(s) proteins that stimulate adenylate cyclase. The subsequent raise in intracellular cAMP is responsible for the relaxing effect of this receptor on smooth muscle.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane
- PG E2
- PGE 2
ab133021 has been referenced in 26 publications.
- Fei J et al. Luteolin inhibits IL-1ß-induced in?ammation in rat chondrocytes and attenuates osteoarthritis progression in a rat model. Biomed Pharmacother 109:1586-1592 (2019). PubMed: 30551412
- Shan X et al. Edoxaban improves atrial fibrillation and thromboembolism through regulation of the Wnt-ß-induced PI3K/ATK-activated protein C system. Exp Ther Med 17:3509-3517 (2019). PubMed: 30988731
- Su X et al. Isofraxidin attenuates IL-1ß-induced inflammatory response in human nucleus pulposus cells. J Cell Biochem N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30891836
- Zhou M et al. SND1 promotes the proliferation of osteosarcoma cells by upregulating COX-2/PGE2 expression via activation of NF-?B. Oncol Rep 41:579-589 (2019). PubMed: 30365124
- Li M et al. Anti-inflammatory effects of chemical components from Ginkgo biloba L. male flowers on lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW264.7 macrophages. Phytother Res 33:989-997 (2019). PubMed: 30693991