Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal  to Prostate Specific Antigen
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Prostate Specific Antigen antibody 
See all Prostate Specific Antigen primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal  to Prostate Specific Antigen
SpecificityHuman prostate-specific antigen - 100% PSA/alpha-1-ACT-complex - 59% Kallikrein - <0.04% PAP - <0.04% Cross-reactivity values have been calculated on weight/weight basis using 125-I-labelled human human prostate-specific antigen in assay. They can vary because of the presence of antigen or related impurities in protein preparations used for cross reactivity assays. Affinity constant: 1x1011 l/mol human prostate-specific antigen.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
native protein (purified), corresponding to amino acids 158-163 of Human Prostate Specific Antigen
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 6.00
Preservative: 0.095% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.335% PBS, 1.0878% Sodium citrate, 0.9% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Light chain typeunknown
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab403 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
RIA: Use at an assay dependant concentration.
Nanowires array: 1/50 - 1/500.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionHydrolyzes semenogelin-1 thus leading to the liquefaction of the seminal coagulum.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family. Kallikrein subfamily.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
- Information by UniProt
- antigen, prostate-specific antibody
- APS antibody
- Gamma seminoprotein antibody
Human normal prostate. Staining is localised as cytoplasmic and secreted. Left panel: with primary antibody at 1 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control. Sections were stained using an automated system, at room temperature: sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with buffers (citrate pH 6.1) in a PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
ab403 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Danthanarayana AN et al. A multicolor multiplex lateral flow assay for high-sensitivity analyte detection using persistent luminescent nanophosphors. Anal Methods 12:272-280 (2020). PubMed: 32577135
- Shu SK et al. Phosphorylation and activation of androgen receptor by Aurora-A. J Biol Chem 285:33045-53 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20713353
- Kim D et al. Microarray-based multiplexed scanometric immunoassay for protein cancer markers using gold nanoparticle probes. Anal Chem 81:9183-7 (2009). PubMed: 19874062
- Thaxton CS et al. Nanoparticle-based bio-barcode assay redefines "undetectable" PSA and biochemical recurrence after radical prostatectomy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:18437-42 (2009). Human . PubMed: 19841273
- Zheng G et al. Multiplexed electrical detection of cancer markers with nanowire sensor arrays. Nat Biotechnol 23:1294-301 (2005). PubMed: 16170313