Product nameProtease and Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail
To protect against both protease and phosphatase in one solution try our dual cocktail (EDTA-free also available).
AEBSF free and mass spectroscopy compatible – water soluble.
Target proteases - serine proteases, aminopeptidase B, leucine aminopeptidase, cysteine proteases, metalloproteases
Target phosphatases - serine/threonine phosphatases, acid phosphatases, protein tyrosine phosphatases, alkaline phosphatases
Inhibitors included - aprotinin (bovine lung), bestatin, E-64, leupeptin hemisulfate, β-glycerophosphate, sodium fluoride, sodium orthovanadate, sodium pyrophosphate decahydrate, EDTA disodium salt.
Form: Supplied as 1 vial of cocktail in water (1 ml) and 1 vial of EDTA disodium salt (0.5 mM in 1 ml of water)
Preparation: The recommended starting dilution is 1:9
Visit our inhibitor cocktails page for more information on our complete range of convenient and easy to use protease and phosphatase inhibitor cocktails.
Individual components and concentration:
Aprotinin (bovine lung): serine protease inhibitor (0.08 mM)
Bestatin: aminopeptidase B and leucine aminopeptidase inhibitor (5 mM)
E-64: cysteine protease inhibitor (1.5 mM)
Leupeptin hemisulfate: serine/cysteine protease inhibitor (2 mM)
β-Glycerophosphate: serine/threonine phosphatase inhibitor (10 mM)
Sodium fluoride: acid phosphatase and serine/threonine phosphatase inhibitor (50 mM)
Sodium orthovanadate: protein tyrosine phosphatase and alkaline phosphatase inhibitor (1 mM)
Sodium pyrophosphate decahydrate: serine/threonine phosphatase inhibitor (10 mM)
EDTA disodium salt: metalloprotease inhibitor (0.5 mM)
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 kit EDTA Solution (10X) Clear 1 x 1ml Protease and Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail (10X) Red 1 x 1ml
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab201119 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Borras C et al. Mechanisms of FH Protection Against Neovascular AMD. Front Immunol 11:443 (2020). PubMed: 32318056
- Luo R et al. Activation of PPARA-mediated autophagy reduces Alzheimer disease-like pathology and cognitive decline in a murine model. Autophagy 16:52-69 (2020). PubMed: 30898012
- Zhang H et al. Paroxetine combined with fluorouracil plays a therapeutic role in mouse models of colorectal cancer with depression through inhibiting IL-22 expression to regulate the MAPK signaling pathway. Exp Ther Med 20:240 (2020). PubMed: 33178338
- Attoff K et al. Acrylamide alters CREB and retinoic acid signalling pathways during differentiation of the human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cell line. Sci Rep 10:16714 (2020). PubMed: 33028897
- Sears JC & Broadie K FMRP-PKA Activity Negative Feedback Regulates RNA Binding-Dependent Fibrillation in Brain Learning and Memory Circuitry. Cell Rep 33:108266 (2020). PubMed: 33053340