Product nameProtease Inhibitor Cocktail
Protease Inhibitor Cocktail (ab271308) protects protein extracts from aminopeptidases, metalloproteases, and serine, cysteine, and aspartic acid proteases. It is supplied as a 100X stock solution of protease inhibitors dissolved in DMSO and a 100X stock solution of EDTA dissolved in water, pH 8.0.
This product is manufactured by Expedeon, an Abcam company. It was previously called Proteoloc™ Protease Inhibitor Cocktail. Expedeon product code 44204 is the same as the 10 mL size of this product.
Usage guidelines: ab271308 is a general-purpose reagent suitable for protease inhibition during protein extraction from mammalian tissues and cells, yeast and fungal cells, and bacteria.
ab271308 contains the chelating agent EDTA for improved protection against metalloproteases. It should therefore not be added to samples intended for subsequent analysis by techniques that are incompatible with EDTA, such as isoelectric focusing and metal affinity column separations. For these applications, use Protease Inhibitor Cocktail EDTA Free (ab270055, ab270057 or ab270061).
- AEBSF: Irreversible serine protease inhibitor. Inhibits chymotrypsin, kallikrein, plasmin, thrombin, and trypsin.
- Aprotinin: Reversible serine protease inhibitor. Inhibits chymotrypsin, kallikrein, plasmin, trypsinogen, and urokinase.
- Bestatin: Metalloprotease inhibitor selective for aminopeptidases. Inhibits activity of leucine aminopeptidase, aminopeptidase B, and triamino peptidase.
- EDTA: Inhibits metalloproteases by chelating divalent metal ions (provided in a separate vial).
- E-64: Irreversible inhibitor of cystine proteases. Inhibits calpain, papain, and cathespin B.
- Leupeptin: Reversible inhibitor of serine and cystine proteases. Inhibits calpain, papain, trypsin, and cathespin B.
- Pepstatin A: Reversible aspartic acid protease inhibitor. Inhibits pepsin, rennin, cathespin D, chymosin, and protease B.
ab271308 is provided as a 100X stock solution of protease inhibitors and a 100X stock solution of EDTA. Dilute product into desired lysis buffer to obtain a 1X concentration (5 mM). For example, dilute 100 μL protease inhibitors and 100 μL EDTA into 10 mL Protein Extraction Kit (ab270054). Proceed in accordance with extraction kit or lysis buffer protocol.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 10 ml EDTA 10 x 1ml Protease Inhibitor Cocktail 10 x 1ml
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab271308 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.