Product nameProtease Inhibitor Cocktail EDTA Free
Protease Inhibitor Cocktail EDTA Free (ab270055) protects protein extracts from aminopeptidases, metalloproteases, and serine, cysteine, and aspartic acid proteases. It is supplied as a 100X stock solution of protease inhibitors dissolved in DMSO.
This product is manufactured by Expedeon, an Abcam company. It was previously called Proteoloc™ Protease Inhibitor Cocktail EDTA Free. Expedeon product code 42516 is the same as the 3 mL size of this product.
Usage guidelines: ab270055 is a general-purpose reagent suitable for protease inhibition during protein extraction from mammalian tissues and cells, yeast and fungal cells, and bacteria.
ab270055 does not contain the chelating agent EDTA and therefore its effectiveness against metalloproteases is limited by comparison to protease preparations that do contain EDTA. It is compatible with techniques which require the absence of EDTA, such as isoelectric focusing and metal affinity column separations. For other applications, use ab270050 or ab270056 or ab270060, which includes EDTA.
- AEBSF: Irreversible serine protease inhibitor. Inhibits chymotrypsin, kallikrein, plasmin, thrombin, and trypsin.
- Aprotinin: Reversible serine protease inhibitor. Inhibits chymotrypsin, kallikrein, plasmin, trypsinogen, and urokinase.
- Bestatin: Metalloprotease inhibitor selective for aminopeptidases. Inhibits activity of leucine aminopeptidase, aminopeptidase B, and triamino peptidase.
- E-64: Irreversible inhibitor of cystine proteases. Inhibits calpain, papain, and cathespin B.
- Leupeptin: Reversible inhibitor of serine and cystine proteases. Inhibits calpain, papain, trypsin, and cathespin B.
- Pepstatin A: Reversible aspartic acid protease inhibitor. Inhibits pepsin, rennin, cathespin D, chymosin, and protease B.
ab270055 is provided as a 100X stock solution of protease inhibitors. Dilute product into desired lysis buffer to obtain a 1X concentration (5 mM). For example, dilute 100 μL ab270055 into 10 mL Protein Extraction Kit (ab270054). Proceed in accordance with extraction kit or lysis buffer protocol.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at 4°C (up to 6 months). Allow to warm to room temp and agitate gently before aliquotting. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 8.00
Constituents: 2.16% AEBSF, 0.084% Leupeptin hemisulfate, 97.411% DMSO, 0.093% Pepstatin A, 0.049% E-64, 0.047% Aprotinin
Concentration information loading...
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab270055 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.