Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [AH1.1] to Proteasome 19S S5A/ASF
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IP, WB
- Reacts with: Human, Pig, Xenopus laevis
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Proteasome 19S S5A/ASF antibody [AH1.1]
See all Proteasome 19S S5A/ASF primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [AH1.1] to Proteasome 19S S5A/ASF
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Pig, Xenopus laevis
Does not react with: Mouse
Other Immunogen Type corresponding to Proteasome 19S S5A/ASF.
Previously labelled as Proteasome 19S S5A.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A/G purified
Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20239 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-Fr||1/100. Fix with acetone.|
|IP||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa.|
FunctionBinds and presumably selects ubiquitin-conjugates for destruction. Displays selectivity for longer polyubiquitin chains. Modulates intestinal fluid secretion.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the proteasome subunit S5A family.
Contains 2 UIM (ubiquitin-interacting motif) repeats.
Contains 1 VWFA domain.
DomainThe 2 UIM motifs are involved in the binding to a multi-ubiquitin chain in a cooperative way.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
- 26S protease subunit S5a antibody
- 26S proteasome non ATPase regulatory subunit 4 antibody
- 26S proteasome non-ATPase regulatory subunit 4 antibody
Proteasome 19S S5A/ASF was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Hela whole cell extract, 5µg of Mouse monoclonal to Proteasome 19S S5A/ASF and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Hela whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70°C; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab20239.
Secondary: Goat polyclonal to mouse IgG light chain specific (HRP) at 1/20,000 dilution.
Band: 41kDa; Proteasome 19S S5A/ASF
ab20239 (1/200) staining Proteasome 19S S5A/ASF in Human retinal pigment epithelial (RPE) cells (green). Cells were fixed in Paraformaldehyde, permeabilised with 0.5% Triton X100/PBS and counterstained with DAPI in order to highlight the nucleus (blue). Please refer to Abreview for further details.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab20239 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab20239, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab20239 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Caron P et al. WWP2 ubiquitylates RNA polymerase II for DNA-PK-dependent transcription arrest and repair at DNA breaks. Genes Dev 33:684-704 (2019). PubMed: 31048545
- Zigo M et al. Modifications of the 26S proteasome during boar sperm capacitation. Cell Tissue Res 372:591-601 (2018). PubMed: 29376192
- Ortega-Atienza S et al. 20S immunoproteasomes remove formaldehyde-damaged cytoplasmic proteins suppressing caspase-independent cell death. Sci Rep 7:654 (2017). PubMed: 28381880
- Kreko-Pierce T & Eaton BA The Drosophila LC8 homolog cut up specifies the axonal transport of proteasomes. J Cell Sci 130:3388-3398 (2017). PubMed: 28808087
- Liu YP et al. Ciliopathy proteins regulate paracrine signaling by modulating proteasomal degradation of mediators. J Clin Invest 124:2059-70 (2014). WB . PubMed: 24691443
- Kley RA et al. Pathophysiology of protein aggregation and extended phenotyping in filaminopathy. Brain 135:2642-60 (2012). PubMed: 22961544
- Ben-Aroya S et al. Proteasome nuclear activity affects chromosome stability by controlling the turnover of Mms22, a protein important for DNA repair. PLoS Genet 6:e1000852 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20174551
- Yi YJ et al. Interference with the 19S proteasomal regulatory complex subunit PSMD4 on the sperm surface inhibits sperm-zona pellucida penetration during porcine fertilization. Cell Tissue Res 341:325-40 (2010). WB ; Pig . PubMed: 20526895
- Arlt A et al. Increased proteasome subunit protein expression and proteasome activity in colon cancer relate to an enhanced activation of nuclear factor E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2). Oncogene 28:3983-96 (2009). IHC-Fr ; Human . PubMed: 19734940