Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5453] to Proteasome 20S alpha 2/HC3
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Proteasome 20S alpha 2/HC3 antibody [EPR5453]
See all Proteasome 20S alpha 2/HC3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5453] to Proteasome 20S alpha 2/HC3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Proteasome 20S alpha 2/HC3 aa 50-150. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P25787
- HepG2, 293T, HeLa or JAR cell lysate; Human brain tissue; HeLa cells
This product was previously labelled as Proteasome 20S alpha 2
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109525 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the microwave method before commencing with IHC staining protocol. (Heat to 98°C, allow to cool for 10-20 minutes)|
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionThe proteasome is a multicatalytic proteinase complex which is characterized by its ability to cleave peptides with Arg, Phe, Tyr, Leu, and Glu adjacent to the leaving group at neutral or slightly basic pH. The proteasome has an ATP-dependent proteolytic activity. PSMA2 may have a potential regulatory effect on another component(s) of the proteasome complex through tyrosine phosphorylation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase T1A family.
modificationsPhosphorylated on tyrosine residues; which may be important for nuclear import.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- HC3 antibody
- Macropain subunit C3 antibody
- MU antibody
All lanes : Anti-Proteasome 20S alpha 2/HC3 antibody [EPR5453] (ab109525) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 2 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 4 : JAR cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled Goat anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
ab109525, at a 1/250 dilution, staining Human Proteasome 20S alpha 2/HC3 in brain tissue, using Immunohistochemistry, (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded).
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the microwave method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab109525, at 1/50 dilution, staining Proteasome 20S alpha 2/HC3 in HeLa cells by Immunofluorescence.
ab109525 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Ni HM et al. Receptor-Interacting Serine/Threonine-Protein Kinase 3 (RIPK3)-Mixed Lineage Kinase Domain-Like Protein (MLKL)-Mediated Necroptosis Contributes to Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury of Steatotic Livers. Am J Pathol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31026418
- Wang S et al. Increased hepatic receptor interacting protein kinase 3 expression due to impaired proteasomal functions contributes to alcohol-induced steatosis and liver injury. Oncotarget 7:17681-98 (2016). PubMed: 26769846
- Pla A et al. TLR4 mediates the impairment of ubiquitin-proteasome and autophagy-lysosome pathways induced by ethanol treatment in brain. Cell Death Dis 5:e1066 (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 24556681