Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Proteasome 20S alpha 5/PSMA5
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, ICC, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Proteasome 20S alpha 5/PSMA5 antibody
See all Proteasome 20S alpha 5/PSMA5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Proteasome 20S alpha 5/PSMA5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, ICC, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Zebrafish
- Hela cell extract/cell line slide.
This product was previously labelled as Proteasome 20S alpha 5
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11437 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 26.5 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 26.5 kDa).|
FunctionThe proteasome is a multicatalytic proteinase complex which is characterized by its ability to cleave peptides with Arg, Phe, Tyr, Leu, and Glu adjacent to the leaving group at neutral or slightly basic pH. The proteasome has an ATP-dependent proteolytic activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed in fetal brain (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase T1A family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- Macropain zeta chain antibody
- Multicatalytic endopeptidase complex zeta chain antibody
- Proteasome (prosome macropain) subunit alpha type 5 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Proteasome 20S alpha 5/PSMA5 antibody (ab11437)
Lane 1 : HeLa cell extract.
Lane 2 : HeLa cell extract with blocking peptide.
Predicted band size: 26.5 kDa
Observed band size: 26.5 kDa
Immunofluorescence of HeLa cells using ab11437.
IHC image of ab11437 staining in human liver carcinoma liver formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab11437, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab11437 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Liu Q et al. The IFN-?-induced immunoproteasome is suppressed in highly pathogenic porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus-infected alveolar macrophages. Vet Immunol Immunopathol 226:110069 (2020). PubMed: 32535163
- Wang C et al. Bone morphogenetic protein-2 exhibits therapeutic benefits for osteonecrosis of the femoral head through induction of cartilage and bone cells. Exp Ther Med 15:4298-4308 (2018). PubMed: 29849774
- Narcís JO et al. Accumulation of poly(A) RNA in nuclear granules enriched in Sam68 in motor neurons from the SMN?7 mouse model of SMA. Sci Rep 8:9646 (2018). PubMed: 29941967
- Mori F et al. Multitargeting activity of miR-24 inhibits long-term melatonin anticancer effects. Oncotarget 7:20532-48 (2016). WB . PubMed: 26967561
- Freudenburg W et al. Reduction in ATP levels triggers immunoproteasome activation by the 11S (PA28) regulator during early antiviral response mediated by IFNß in mouse pancreatic ß-cells. PLoS One 8:e52408 (2013). Mouse . PubMed: 23383295
- Ohta A et al. Herpes simplex virus type 1 UL14 tegument protein regulates intracellular compartmentalization of major tegument protein VP16. Virol J 8:365 (2011). ICC/IF . PubMed: 21791071
- de Verteuil D et al. Deletion of immunoproteasome subunits imprints on the transcriptome and has a broad impact on peptides presented by major histocompatibility complex I molecules. Mol Cell Proteomics 9:2034-47 (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 20484733