Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Proteasome 20S LMP2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Proteasome 20S LMP2 antibody
See all Proteasome 20S LMP2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Proteasome 20S LMP2
SpecificityDetects proteasome 20S LMP2.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3328 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. (worked at 1/2000 (PMID 17114438))|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionThe proteasome is a multicatalytic proteinase complex which is characterized by its ability to cleave peptides with Arg, Phe, Tyr, Leu, and Glu adjacent to the leaving group at neutral or slightly basic pH. The proteasome has an ATP-dependent proteolytic activity. This subunit is involved in antigen processing to generate class I binding peptides. Replacement of PSMB6 by PSMB9 increases the capacity of the immunoproteasome to cleave model peptides after hydrophobic and basic residues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase T1B family.
Developmental stageHighly expressed in immature dendritic cells (at protein level).
modificationsAutocleaved. The resulting N-terminal Thr residue of the mature subunit is responsible for the nucleophile proteolytic activity.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- Beta1i antibody
- Large multifunctional peptidase 2 antibody
- Large multifunctional protease 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Proteasome 20S LMP2 antibody (ab3328) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) treated with 100 ng/mL IFN gamma for 72 hours, whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : THP-1 (human monocytic leukemia cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : THP-1 (human monocytic leukemia cell line) treated with 50 ng/mL PMA for 48 hours and 200 ng/mL LPS for 24 hours, whole cell lysate
Lane 5 : U937 (human histiocytic lymphoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 6 : Raji (human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 7 : Ramos (human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) HRP conjugate at 0.4 µg/ml
Developed using the ECL technique.
Western blot of proteasome 20S LMP2 in 50 ug mouse embryo fibroblast cell extract using ab3328.
ab3328 (1µg/ml) staining Proteasome 20S LMP2 in human heart using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong staining of nuclear and cytoplasmic cell compartments.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers citrate pH6.1/ EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human brain tissue (neurons in HIV encephalitis) sections labelling LMP2 with ab3328 at 1/1000. Immunofluorescence staining for LMP2 shows colocalization with the neuronal marker NeuN. LMP2 is present in granular deposits in the parikaryon. Scale bar = 10 μm.
ab3328 has been referenced in 27 publications.
- Lee MJ et al. H727 cells are inherently resistant to the proteasome inhibitor carfilzomib, yet require proteasome activity for cell survival and growth. Sci Rep 9:4089 (2019). PubMed: 30858500
- Jimenez-Guardeño JM et al. Immunoproteasome activation enables human TRIM5a restriction of HIV-1. Nat Microbiol 4:933-940 (2019). PubMed: 30886358
- Babaer D et al. Methylselenol producing selenocompounds enhance the efficiency of mammaglobin-A peptide vaccination against breast cancer cells. Oncol Lett 18:6891-6898 (2019). PubMed: 31807192
- Studencka-Turski M et al. Molecular Insight Into the IRE1a-Mediated Type I Interferon Response Induced by Proteasome Impairment in Myeloid Cells of the Brain. Front Immunol 10:2900 (2019). PubMed: 31921161
- Chen S et al. Immunoproteasome dysfunction augments alternative polarization of alveolar macrophages. Cell Death Differ 23:1026-37 (2016). PubMed: 26990663