Product nameAnti-Proteasome subunit alpha type 6 antibody [EPR5835]
See all Proteasome subunit alpha type 6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5835] to Proteasome subunit alpha type 6
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Proteasome subunit alpha type 6 aa 200-300 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P60900
- WB: HepG2, 293T, HeLa and Jurkat cell lysates IHC-P: Human colon tissue
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109377 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/50000 - 1/200000. Detects a band of approximately 27 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 27 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. Heat up to 98 °C, below boiling, and then let cool for 10-20 minutes.|
|ICC||1/250 - 1/500.|
|Flow Cyt||1/100 - 1/500.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionThe proteasome is a multicatalytic proteinase complex which is characterized by its ability to cleave peptides with Arg, Phe, Tyr, Leu, and Glu adjacent to the leaving group at neutral or slightly basic pH. The proteasome has an ATP-dependent proteolytic activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase T1A family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- 27 kDa prosomal protein antibody
- IOTA antibody
- Macropain iota chain antibody
All lanes : Anti-Proteasome subunit alpha type 6 antibody [EPR5835] (ab109377) at 1/50000 dilution
Lane 1 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 2 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 4 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 27 kDa
Observed band size: 27 kDa
ab109377, at a 1/250 dilution, staining Proteasome 20S alpha 6 in paraffin embedded Human colon tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab109377 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Sander H et al. Ponceau S waste: Ponceau S staining for total protein normalization. Anal Biochem 575:44-53 (2019). PubMed: 30914243
- Zhu Y et al. Identification of biomarker microRNAs for predicting the response of colorectal cancer to neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy based on microRNA regulatory network. Oncotarget 8:2233-2248 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27903980
- Ghosh R et al. Diclofenac induces proteasome and mitochondrial dysfunction in murine cardiomyocytes and hearts. Int J Cardiol 223:923-935 (2016). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 27589040
- Ando R et al. Decreased proteasomal activity causes photoreceptor degeneration in mice. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 55:4682-90 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 24994871