Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [1A3] to Protein Tax-1
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Protein Tax-1 antibody [1A3]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1A3] to Protein Tax-1
Species reactivityReacts with: Other species
Full length protein corresponding to Protein Tax-1.
This product was previously labelled as HTLV 1 Tax
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferConstituents: 0.75% Glycine, 1.21% Tris, 2% Sucrose
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Light chain typekappa
RelevanceThe Tax protein of HTLV1 is an autoregulator of enhanced viral RNA transcription and it trans activates the viral 21 bp enhancer.
- HTLV1 p40 antibody
- HTLV1 Tax antibody
- p40 antibody
- tax antibody
ab26997 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Cheng W et al. Activation of Notch1 signaling by HTLV-1 Tax promotes proliferation of adult T-cell leukemia cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 512:598-603 (2019). PubMed: 30914196
- Fernandez MV et al. Authentication Analysis of MT-4 Cells Distributed by the National Institutes of Health AIDS Reagent Program. J Virol 93:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31554688
- Zimmerman B et al. Efficacy of novel histone deacetylase inhibitor, AR42, in a mouse model of, human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 adult T cell lymphoma. Leuk Res 35:1491-7 (2011). WB . PubMed: 21802726
- Watters KM et al. Cytokine and growth factor expression by HTLV-1 Lck-tax transgenic cells in SCID mice. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:593-603 (2010). WB . PubMed: 20438380