Product nameProteinase K Antigen Retrieval Solution
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, In situ hybridizationmore details
ab64220 is a single-component, ready-to-use proteinase K solution for use in protease-induced antigen retrieval during IHC (PIER) and pre-treatment for in situ hybridization.
- IHC procedure: Incubate tissue section for 5 to 7 minutes at room temperature; Rinse and proceed with immunostaining.
- General ISH procedure: Incubate tissue section for 15 minutes at 37oC; Rinse and proceed with hybridization.
Other products for IHC
Find more kits and reagents for antigen retrieval, blocking, signal amplification, visualization, counterstaining, and mounting in the IHC kits and reagents guide.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffer, 10% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
RelevanceProteinase K is an endolytic protease that cleaves peptide bonds preferentially next to the carboxyl group of N-substituted hydrophobic aliphatic and aromatic amino acids. Proteinase K is classified as a serine protease and exhibits broad substrate specificity. It can hydrolyze keratin; hence the name. Proteinase K is used for the digestion of proteins on tissue sections as a pre-treatment to aid in the preparation of mRNA and its detection by in situ hybridisation methods using oligonucleotide probes.
- Endopeptidase K
- Tritirachium alkaline proteinase
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64220 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|In situ hybridization||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab64220 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Van Den Berge N et al. Evidence for bidirectional and trans-synaptic parasympathetic and sympathetic propagation of alpha-synuclein in rats. Acta Neuropathol 138:535-550 (2019). PubMed: 31254094
- Plebanek MP et al. Pre-metastatic cancer exosomes induce immune surveillance by patrolling monocytes at the metastatic niche. Nat Commun 8:1319 (2017). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 29105655
- Li H et al. The superior regenerative potential of muscle-derived stem cells for articular cartilage repair is attributed to high cell survival and chondrogenic potential. Mol Ther Methods Clin Dev 3:16065 (2016). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 27990446