For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
Immunohistochemistry (IHC) application guide
Easily plan and optimize your IHC experiments with our comprehensive guide.
Download your free guide now
The booklet includes tips and guidelines on:
- Sample preparation (fixation and embedding)
- Tissue treatment and antigen retrieval
- Blocking methods (eg for endogenous peroxidase and alkaline phosphatase)
- Selecting the right immunostaining/detection system and reagents
- Which chromogen/substrate to use
- Recommended cancer and neuroscience markers
- And much more ...
Alternatively, you can read the online version of our guide to IHC.
Get results fast with validated kits and reagents
For IHC, to ensure that you get the data you need on your first experiment, we recommend our optimized kits and reagents: