Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [SH54] to PTBP1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-PTBP1 antibody [SH54]
See all PTBP1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [SH54] to PTBP1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse, Rat
HeLa nuclear extract (Human)
- IHC-P: human breast carcinoma WB: Jurkat cell lysate, HeLa nuclear lysate ICC: Jurkat, HeLa cells
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30317 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionPlays a role in pre-mRNA splicing and in the regulation of alternative splicing events. Binds to the polypyrimidine tract of introns. May promote RNA looping when bound to two separate polypyrimidine tracts in the same pre-mRNA. May promote the binding of U2 snRNP to pre-mRNA. Cooperates with RAVER1 to modulate switching between mutually exclusive exons during maturation of the TPM1 pre-mRNA.
Sequence similaritiesContains 4 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domains.
- Information by UniProt
- 57 kDa RNA binding protein PPTB 1 antibody
- 57 kDa RNA-binding protein PPTB-1 antibody
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein I antibody
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab30317 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab30317, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells ) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
ab30317 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Flather D et al. Exploitation of nuclear functions by human rhinovirus, a cytoplasmic RNA virus. PLoS Pathog 14:e1007277 (2018). PubMed: 30142213
- Gao W et al. La Autoantigen Induces Ribosome Binding Protein 1 (RRBP1) Expression through Internal Ribosome Entry Site (IRES)-Mediated Translation during Cellular Stress Condition. Int J Mol Sci 17:N/A (2016). PubMed: 27447629
- Cosme RS et al. Roles of polypyrimidine tract binding proteins in major immediate-early gene expression and viral replication of human cytomegalovirus. J Virol 83:2839-50 (2009). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 19144709
- Huang S et al. The perinucleolar compartment and transcription. J Cell Biol 143:35-47 (1998). PubMed: 9763419
- Huang S et al. The dynamic organization of the perinucleolar compartment in the cell nucleus. J Cell Biol 137:965-74 (1997). PubMed: 9166399