Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PTGIS/PGIS
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PTGIS/PGIS antibody
See all PTGIS/PGIS primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PTGIS/PGIS
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Cow, Human
This product was previously labelled as PTGIS
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: None
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesAffinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23668 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/250. Predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa.|
FunctionCatalyzes the isomerization of prostaglandin H2 to prostacyclin (= prostaglandin I2).
Tissue specificityWidely expressed; particularly abundant in ovary, heart, skeletal muscle, lung and prostate.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cytochrome P450 family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CYP8 antibody
- CYP8A1 antibody
- Cytochrome P450, family 8, subfamily A, polypeptide 1 antibody
ab 23668 at 1/200 staining primary mouse myoblasts by ICC/IF.
The tissue section was formaldehyde fixed, and permeabilized and blocked with 100% TNB buffer. The blocking time was 1 hour, at 25°C.
The primary antibody was incubated for 16 hours at 4°C.
The secondary antibody was a biotin conjugated Donkey anti-Rabbit IgG polyclonal diluted1/800.
ab23668 (4µg/ml) staining PTGIS/PGIS in human adrenal gland using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is apical cytoplasmic/ endoplasmic reticulum staining.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ab23668 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Ebmeyer J et al. Pyrrolizidine alkaloid-induced alterations of prostanoid synthesis in human endothelial cells. Chem Biol Interact 298:104-111 (2019). PubMed: 30465738
- Li H et al. Vascular Protection of TPE-CA on Hyperhomocysteinemia-induced Vascular Endothelial Dysfunction through AA Metabolism Modulated CYPs Pathway. Int J Biol Sci 15:2037-2050 (2019). PubMed: 31592228
- Russo A et al. Differential Expression of Prostaglandin I2 Synthase Associated with Arachidonic Acid Pathway in the Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma. J Oncol 2018:6301980 (2018). PubMed: 30532780
- Tamosiuniene R et al. Dominant Role for Regulatory T Cells in Protecting Females Against Pulmonary Hypertension. Circ Res 122:1689-1702 (2018). PubMed: 29545367
- Tian L et al. Effects of TSH on the function of human umbilical vein endothelial cells. J Mol Endocrinol 52:215-22 (2014). PubMed: 24444496
- Cipollone F et al. A unique microRNA signature associated with plaque instability in humans. Stroke 42:2556-63 (2011). PubMed: 21817153
- Singh SR et al. Can lineage-specific markers be identified to characterize mesenchyme-derived cell populations in the human airways? Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 299:L169-83 (2010). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 20435685
- Lee EJ & Niklason LE A novel flow bioreactor for in vitro microvascularization. Tissue Eng Part C Methods 16:1191-200 (2010). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 20170423
- Bondesen BA et al. Inhibition of myoblast migration by prostacyclin is associated with enhanced cell fusion. FASEB J 21:3338-45 (2007). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 17488951