Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3041] to PTN
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-PTN antibody [EPR3041]
See all PTN primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3041] to PTN
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human PTN (N terminal). Protein Length: 168 amino acids.
Database link: P21246
- NIH/3T3 treated with 2% FBS cell lysate. Fetal brain tissue lysate.
Previously labelled as Pleiotrophin.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79411 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/20000. Detects a band of approximately 19 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 19 kDa).|
FunctionHeparin binding mitogenic protein. Has neurite extension activity.
Tissue specificityOsteoblast and brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the pleiotrophin family.
- Information by UniProt
- HARP antibody
- HB-GAM antibody
- HBBM antibody
All lanes : Anti-PTN antibody [EPR3041] (ab79411) at 1/20000 dilution
Lane 1 : NIH/3T3 treated with 2% FBS cell lysate
Lane 2 : Fetal brain tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 19 kDa
Observed band size: 19 kDa
ab79411 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Huang P et al. Chemotherapy-driven increases in the CDKN1A/PTN/PTPRZ1 axis promote chemoresistance by activating the NF-?B pathway in breast cancer cells. Cell Commun Signal 16:92 (2018). PubMed: 30497491
- Liu S et al. Knockdown of pleiotrophin increases the risk of preeclampsia following vitrified-thawed embryo transfer. Int J Oncol 53:1847-1856 (2018). PubMed: 30226583
- Zhu B et al. Array profiling reveals contribution of Cthrc1 to growth of the denervated rat urinary bladder. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 314:F893-F905 (2018). PubMed: 29357417
- Kuboyama K et al. Role of Chondroitin Sulfate (CS) Modification in the Regulation of Protein-tyrosine Phosphatase Receptor Type Z (PTPRZ) Activity: PLEIOTROPHIN-PTPRZ-A SIGNALING IS INVOLVED IN OLIGODENDROCYTE DIFFERENTIATION. J Biol Chem 291:18117-28 (2016). PubMed: 27445335
- Kuboyama K et al. Inactivation of Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase Receptor Type Z by Pleiotrophin Promotes Remyelination through Activation of Differentiation of Oligodendrocyte Precursor Cells. J Neurosci 35:12162-71 (2015). PubMed: 26338327