Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PTP4A3/PRL-R
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PTP4A3/PRL-R antibody
See all PTP4A3/PRL-R primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PTP4A3/PRL-R
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Previously labelled as PTP4A3.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesWhole antiserum is fractionated and then further purified by ion-exchange chromatography to provide the IgG fraction of antiserum that is essentially free of other rabbit serum proteins.
FunctionProtein tyrosine phosphatase which stimulates progression from G1 into S phase during mitosis. Enhances cell proliferation, cell motility and invasive activity, and promotes cancer metastasis. May be involved in the progression of cardiac hypertrophy by inhibiting intracellular calcium mobilization in response to angiotensin II.
Tissue specificityMainly expressed in cardiomyocytes and skeletal muscle; also found in pancreas. Consistently overexpressed in colon cancer metastasis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein-tyrosine phosphatase family.
Contains 1 tyrosine-protein phosphatase domain.
modificationsFarnesylated. Farnesylation is required for membrane targeting.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Early endosome.
- Information by UniProt
- Potentially prenylated protein tyrosine phosphatase antibody
- PRL 3 antibody
- PRL R antibody
ab50276 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Zhou Q et al. PRL-3 facilitates Hepatocellular Carcinoma progression by co-amplifying with and activating FAK. Theranostics 10:10345-10359 (2020). PubMed: 32929353
- Edwards DR et al. PRL-3 increases the aggressive phenotype of prostate cancer cells in vitro and its expression correlates with high-grade prostate tumors in patients. Int J Oncol 52:402-412 (2018). PubMed: 29207031
- Zhang Y et al. PRL-3 promotes gastric cancer peritoneal metastasis via the PI3K/AKT signaling pathway in vitro and in vivo. Oncol Lett 15:9069-9074 (2018). PubMed: 29805638
- Xie H & Wang H PRL-3 promotes breast cancer progression by downregulating p14ARF-mediated p53 expression. Oncol Lett 15:2795-2800 (2018). PubMed: 29435006
- Li BH et al. Up-Regulation of Phosphatase in Regenerating Liver-3 (PRL-3) Contributes to Malignant Progression of Hepatocellular Carcinoma by Activating Phosphatase and Tensin Homolog Deleted on Chromosome Ten (PTEN)/Phosphoinositide 3-Kinase (PI3K)/AKT Signaling Pathway. Med Sci Monit 24:8105-8114 (2018). PubMed: 30418964