Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PUMA
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Chicken, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PUMA antibody
See all PUMA primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PUMA
SpecificityDetects a 23 kD protein corresponding to the molecular mass of PUMA on SDS PAGE immunoblots. 16kd band may be seen in some instances, possibly corresponding to PUMAß.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Chicken, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human PUMA (C terminal).
Database link: Q9BXH4
- Human K562 cell lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab54288 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 23 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa). A 16 kDa band may be seen in some instances, possibly corresponding to PUMAß.|
FunctionEssential mediator of p53-dependent and p53-independent apoptosis.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Bcl-2 family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion. Localized to the mitochondria in order to induce cytochrome c release.
- Information by UniProt
- BBC 3 antibody
- Bbc3 antibody
- BBC3_HUMAN antibody
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis using ab54288 at 1/125 for 12 hours at 4°C in Heat Shocked HeLa Cells. Sfixed by 2% Formaldehyde for 20 min at RT. Secondary Antibody: R-PE Goat Anti-Rabbit (yellow) at 1/200 for 2 hours at RT. Counterstain: DAPI (blue) nuclear stain at 1/40000 for 2 hours at RT. (A) DAPI (blue) nuclear stain. (B) Anti-PUMA (CT) Antibody. (C) Composite. Heat Shocked at 42°C for 1h.
All lanes : Anti-PUMA antibody (ab54288) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Cell lysates prepared form human K562 cells
Lane 2 : Cell lysates prepared from mouse 3T3 cells
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis using at ab54288 1/125 for 12 hours at 4°C. Tissue: Heat Shocked HeLa Cells. Fixed by 2% Formaldehyde for 20 min at RT. Secondary Antibody: APC Goat Anti-Rabbit (red) at 1/200 for 2 hours at RT. Counterstain: DAPI (blue) nuclear stain at 1/40000 for 2 hours at RT. (A) DAPI (blue) nuclear stain. (B) Anti-PUMA (CT) Antibody. (C) Composite. Heat Shocked at 42°C for 1h.
ab54288 at 1/100 dilution staining PUMA in human K562 cells by Immunocytochemistry.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab54288 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Lapresa R et al. Amyloid-ß promotes neurotoxicity by Cdk5-induced p53 stabilization. Neuropharmacology 146:19-27 (2019). PubMed: 30452955
- Ramos-Araque ME et al. The Neuronal Ischemic Tolerance Is Conditioned by the Tp53 Arg72Pro Polymorphism. Transl Stroke Res 10:204-215 (2019). PubMed: 29687302
- Vecino R et al. The MDM2-p53 pathway is involved in preconditioning-induced neuronal tolerance to ischemia. Sci Rep 8:1610 (2018). PubMed: 29371613
- Maity-Kumar G et al. Neuronal redox imbalance results in altered energy homeostasis and early postnatal lethality. FASEB J 29:2843-58 (2015). PubMed: 25829510
- Iwao C & Shidoji Y Induction of nuclear translocation of mutant cytoplasmic p53 by geranylgeranoic acid in a human hepatoma cell line. Sci Rep 4:4419 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24658405