Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Pumilio 2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Pumilio 2 antibody
See all Pumilio 2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Pumilio 2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Horse, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Elephant
Immunogen was a synthetic peptide, which represented a portion of human Pumilio homolog 2 encoded within exon 4 (LocusLink ID 23369).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.021% PBS, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10361 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/20000. Detects a band of approximately 140 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 127 kDa).|
FunctionSequence-specific RNA-binding protein that regulates translation and mRNA stability by binding the 3'-UTR of mRNA targets. Its interactions and tissue specificity suggest that it may be required to support proliferation and self-renewal of stem cells by regulating the translation of key transcripts.
Tissue specificityExpressed in male germ cells of adult testis (at protein level). Highly expressed in testis and ovary. Predominantly expressed in stem cells and germ cells. Expressed at lower level in brain, heart, kidney, liver, muscle, placenta, intestine and stomach Expressed in cerebellum, corpus callosum, caudate nucleus, hippocampus, medulla oblongata and putamen. Expressed in all fetal tissues tested.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 PUM-HD domain.
Contains 8 pumilio repeats.
DomainThe pumilio repeats mediate the association with RNA by packing together to form a right-handed superhelix that approximates a half doughnut. The number as well as the specific sequence of the repeats determine the specificity for target mRNAs.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cytoplasmic granule. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. The cytoplasmic granules are stress granules which are a dense aggregation in the cytosol composed of proteins and RNAs that appear when the cell is under stress. Colocalizes with NANOS3 in the stress granules (By similarity). Colocalizes with NANOS1 and SNAPIN in the perinuclear region of germ cells.
- Information by UniProt
- FLJ36528 antibody
- KIAA0235 antibody
- MGC138251 antibody
ab10361 detection of human and mouse Pumilio 2 by Western blot. Samples: Whole cell lysate (50 mg) from a human monocytic (KG-1; lane 1), mouse multipotential hematopoietic (EML; lane 2) or mouse pre-B (70 Z/3; lane 3) cell lines. Antibody: ab10361 used at 0.1 mg/ml. Detection: Chemiluminescence with 3 to 5 minute exposure.ab10361 detection of human and mouse Pumilio 2 by Western blot. Samples: Whole cell lysate (50 mg) from a human monocytic (KG-1; lane 1), mouse multipotential hematopoietic (EML; lane 2) or mouse pre-B (70 Z/3; lane 3) cell lines. Antibody: ab10361 used at 0.1 mg/ml. Detection: Chemiluminescence with 3 to 5 minute exposure.
ab10361 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Wang Y et al. PUM2 Promotes Glioblastoma Cell Proliferation and Migration via Repressing BTG1 Expression. Cell Struct Funct 44:29-39 (2019). PubMed: 30787206
- Zhang L et al. RNA binding protein PUM2 promotes the stemness of breast cancer cells via competitively binding to neuropilin-1 (NRP-1) mRNA with miR-376a. Biomed Pharmacother 114:108772 (2019). PubMed: 30909144
- Khong A et al. The Stress Granule Transcriptome Reveals Principles of mRNA Accumulation in Stress Granules. Mol Cell 68:808-820.e5 (2017). PubMed: 29129640
- Marrero E et al. Translational Regulation of Acetylcholinesterase by the RNA-binding Protein Pumilio-2 at the Neuromuscular Synapse. J Biol Chem 286:36492-9 (2011). WB, IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 21865157
- Vessey JP et al. Mammalian Pumilio 2 regulates dendrite morphogenesis and synaptic function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:3222-7 (2010). WB . PubMed: 20133610
- Barrios F et al. Opposing effects of retinoic acid and FGF9 on Nanos2 expression and meiotic entry of mouse germ cells. J Cell Sci 123:871-80 (2010). PubMed: 20159962
- Lolicato F et al. Potential role of Nanos3 in maintaining the undifferentiated spermatogonia population. Dev Biol 313:725-38 (2008). PubMed: 18089289