Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PURA
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PURA antibody
See all PURA primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PURA
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Sheep
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human PURA aa 1-100 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Human Brain Tissue Lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79936 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 42 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionThis is a probable transcription activator that specifically binds the purine-rich single strand of the PUR element located upstream of the MYC gene. May play a role in the initiation of DNA replication and in recombination.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PUR DNA-binding protein family.
- Information by UniProt
- PUR ALPHA antibody
- PUR1 antibody
- purA antibody
Anti-PURA antibody (ab79936) at 1 µg/ml + Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
Observed band size: 42 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
PURA contains a number of potential phosphorylation sites (SwissProt) which may explain its migration at a higher molecular weight than predicted. Furthermore, other commercially available antibodies react with a target at approximately 42 kDa.
ICC/IF image of ab79936 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% Methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal Goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab79936, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 100% Methanol fixed (5 min) Hek293. HepG2, MCF-7 cells at 5µg/ml.
ab79936 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Swinnen B et al. A zebrafish model for C9orf72 ALS reveals RNA toxicity as a pathogenic mechanism. Acta Neuropathol 135:427-443 (2018). PubMed: 29302778
- Moldovan JB & Moran JV The Zinc-Finger Antiviral Protein ZAP Inhibits LINE and Alu Retrotransposition. PLoS Genet 11:e1005121 (2015). PubMed: 25951186
- Di Salvio M et al. Pur-alpha functionally interacts with FUS carrying ALS-associated mutations. Cell Death Dis 6:e1943 (2015). PubMed: 26492376
- Rossi S et al. Nuclear accumulation of mRNAs underlies G4C2-repeat-induced translational repression in a cellular model of C9orf72 ALS. J Cell Sci 128:1787-99 (2015). PubMed: 25788698
- Hay CW et al. An Sp1 Modulated Regulatory Region Unique to Higher Primates Regulates Human Androgen Receptor Promoter Activity in Prostate Cancer Cells. PLoS One 10:e0139990 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26448047
- Schreiber J et al. Ubiquitin ligase TRIM3 controls hippocampal plasticity and learning by regulating synaptic ?-actin levels. J Cell Biol 211:569-86 (2015). PubMed: 26527743
- Xu Z et al. Expanded GGGGCC repeat RNA associated with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and frontotemporal dementia causes neurodegeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:7778-83 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23553836