Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PXR
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PXR antibody
See all PXR primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PXR
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Rhesus monkey
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human PXR aa 1-434.
MEVRPKESWNHADFVHCEDTESVPGKPSVNADEEVGGPQICRVCGDKATG YHFNVMTCEGCKGFFRRAMKRNARLRCPFRKGACEITRKTRRQCQACRLR KCLESGMKKEMIMSDEAVEERRALIKRKKSERTGTQPLGVQGLTEEQRMM IRELMDAQMKTFDTTFSHFKNFRLPGVLSSGCELPESLQAPSREEAAKWS QVRKDLCSLKVSLQLRGEDGSVWNYKPPADSGGKEIFSLLPHMADMSTYM FKGIISFAKVISYFRDLPIEDQISLLKGAAFELCQLRFNTVFNAETGTWE CGRLSYCLEDTAGGFQQLLLEPMLKFHYMLKKLQLHEEEYVLMQAISLFS PDRPGVLQHRVVDQLQEQFAITLKSYIECNRPQPAHRFLFLKIMAMLTEL RSINAQHTQRLLRIQDIHPFATPLMQELFGITGS
Database link: O75469
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab192579 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen and the purity is > 95% (by SDS-PAGE).
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Orphan Nuclear Receptors
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab192579 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa.|
FunctionNuclear receptor that binds and is activated by variety of endogenous and xenobiotic compounds. Transcription factor that activates the transcription of multiple genes involved in the metabolism and secretion of potentially harmful xenobiotics, drugs and endogenous compounds. Activated by the antibiotic rifampicin and various plant metabolites, such as hyperforin, guggulipid, colupulone, and isoflavones. Response to specific ligands is species-specific. Activated by naturally occurring steroids, such as pregnenolone and progesterone. Binds to a response element in the promoters of the CYP3A4 and ABCB1/MDR1 genes.
Tissue specificityExpressed in liver, colon and small intestine.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR1 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- BXR antibody
- Nr1i2 antibody
- NR1I2_HUMAN antibody
ab192579 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Yang L et al. Panax ginseng Inhibits Metabolism of Diester Alkaloids by Downregulating CYP3A4 Enzyme Activity via the Pregnane X Receptor. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2019:3508658 (2019). PubMed: 31057647
- Zeng H et al. CYP3A suppression during diet-induced nonalcoholic fatty liver disease is independent of PXR regulation. Chem Biol Interact 308:185-193 (2019). PubMed: 31132328
- Gao XJ et al. Bacterial Outer Membrane Vesicles from Dextran Sulfate Sodium-Induced Colitis Differentially Regulate Intestinal UDP-Glucuronosyltransferase 1A1 Partially Through Toll-Like Receptor 4/Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase/Phosphatidylinositol 3-Kinase Pathway. Drug Metab Dispos 46:292-302 (2018). PubMed: 29311138
- Liu M et al. Activating the pregnane X receptor by imperatorin attenuates dextran sulphate sodium-induced colitis in mice. Br J Pharmacol 175:3563-3580 (2018). PubMed: 29945292
- Shubbar MH & Penny JI Effect of amyloid beta on ATP-binding cassette transporter expression and activity in porcine brain microvascular endothelial cells. Biochim Biophys Acta 1862:2314-2322 (2018). WB . PubMed: 30048740
- Guo J et al. Meclizine Prevents Ovariectomy-Induced Bone Loss and Inhibits Osteoclastogenesis Partially by Upregulating PXR. Front Pharmacol 8:693 (2017). PubMed: 29046637