Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PXR
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 2% Sucrose
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Orphan Nuclear Receptors
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85451 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
FunctionNuclear receptor that binds and is activated by variety of endogenous and xenobiotic compounds. Transcription factor that activates the transcription of multiple genes involved in the metabolism and secretion of potentially harmful xenobiotics, drugs and endogenous compounds. Activated by the antibiotic rifampicin and various plant metabolites, such as hyperforin, guggulipid, colupulone, and isoflavones. Response to specific ligands is species-specific. Activated by naturally occurring steroids, such as pregnenolone and progesterone. Binds to a response element in the promoters of the CYP3A4 and ABCB1/MDR1 genes.
Tissue specificityExpressed in liver, colon and small intestine.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR1 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- BXR antibody
- Nr1i2 antibody
- NR1I2_HUMAN antibody
Anti-PXR antibody (ab85451) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa
Gel concentration: 12%
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human small intestine tissue labelling PXR with ab85451 at 5.0µg/ml.
ab85451 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Li J et al. MicroRNA-140-3p enhances the sensitivity of hepatocellular carcinoma cells to sorafenib by targeting pregnenolone X receptor. Onco Targets Ther 11:5885-5894 (2018). PubMed: 30271172
- Liu M et al. Activating the pregnane X receptor by imperatorin attenuates dextran sulphate sodium-induced colitis in mice. Br J Pharmacol 175:3563-3580 (2018). PubMed: 29945292
- Kong Q et al. Co-expression of pregnane X receptor and ATP-binding cassette sub-family B member 1 in peripheral blood: A prospective indicator for drug resistance prediction in non-small cell lung cancer. Oncol Lett 11:3033-3039 (2016). IHC . PubMed: 27123059
- Hyrsova L et al. The pregnane X receptor down-regulates organic cation transporter 1 (SLC22A1) in human hepatocytes by competing for ("squelching") SRC-1 coactivator. Br J Pharmacol 173:1703-15 (2016). PubMed: 26920453
- Dou W et al. Plant flavonol isorhamnetin attenuates chemically induced inflammatory bowel disease via a PXR-dependent pathway. J Nutr Biochem 25:923-33 (2014). PubMed: 24913217
- Sivertsson L et al. Induced CYP3A4 expression in confluent Huh7 hepatoma cells as a result of decreased cell proliferation and subsequent pregnane X receptor activation. Mol Pharmacol 83:659-70 (2013). Human . PubMed: 23264496
- Dou W et al. Chrysin ameliorates chemically induced colitis in the mouse through modulation of a PXR/NF-?B signaling pathway. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 345:473-82 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23536316