Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PYGM
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PYGM antibody
See all PYGM primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PYGM
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH from the C terminal region of human PYGM.
- WB: 293 cell lysate. IHC-P: Human skeletal muscle.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesThis antibody is purified through a protein A column, eluted with high and low pH buffers and neutralized immediately, followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63158 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 97 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 97 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/10 - 1/50.|
FunctionPhosphorylase is an important allosteric enzyme in carbohydrate metabolism. Enzymes from different sources differ in their regulatory mechanisms and in their natural substrates. However, all known phosphorylases share catalytic and structural properties.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in PYGM are the cause of glycogen storage disease type 5 (GSD5) [MIM:232600]; also known as McArdle disease. GSD5 is a metabolic disorder resulting in myopathy characterized by exercise intolerance, cramps, muscle weakness and recurrent myoglobinuria.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycogen phosphorylase family.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Ser-15 converts phosphorylase B (unphosphorylated) to phosphorylase A.
- Information by UniProt
- Glycogen phosphorylase antibody
- Glycogen phosphorylase muscle form antibody
- muscle form antibody
ab63158, at a 1/10 dilution, staining PYGM in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded human skeletal muscle tissue by Immunohistochemistry. ab63158 was peroxidase-conjugated to the secondary antibody, followed by DAB staining.
All lanes : Anti-PYGM antibody (ab63158) at 1/100 dilution
Lane 1 : Non-transfected 293 cell lysates
Lane 2 : Lysates of 293 cells transiently transfected with PYGM gene.
Lysates/proteins at 2 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 97 kDa
Observed band size: 97 kDa
ab63158 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- García-Consuegra I et al. Missense mutations have unexpected consequences: The McArdle disease paradigm. Hum Mutat 39:1338-1343 (2018). PubMed: 30011114
- Garcia-Consuegra I et al. Taking advantage of an old concept, "illegitimate transcription", for a proposed novel method of genetic diagnosis of McArdle disease. Genet Med 18:1128-1135 (2016). PubMed: 26913921
- Nogales-Gadea G et al. Expression of Glycogen Phosphorylase Isoforms in Cultured Muscle from Patients with McArdle's Disease Carrying the p.R771PfsX33 PYGM Mutation. PLoS One 5: (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20957198