Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PYK2 (phospho Y402)
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PYK2 (phospho Y402) antibody
See all PYK2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PYK2 (phospho Y402)
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species ICC/IFMouse WBHuman
Synthetic peptide (Human) derived from the region of human Pyk 2 that contains tyrosine 402. The sequence is conserved in human and rat.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA
BSA is IgG and protease free
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from rabbit serum by epitope specific chromatography. The antibody has been negatively pre-adsorbed using a non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the site of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated PYK 2. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using a PYK 2-derived peptide that is phosphorylated at tyrosine 402.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4800 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 116 kDa. Can be blocked with PYK2 peptide - phospho Y402 (phospho and non-phospho pair) or CEF whole cell lysate, positive / negative for PYK 2 (pair).
ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution from (PubMed:17325207).
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionInvolved in calcium induced regulation of ion channel and activation of the map kinase signaling pathway. May represent an important signaling intermediate between neuropeptide activated receptors or neurotransmitters that increase calcium flux and the downstream signals that regulate neuronal activity. Interacts with the SH2 domain of Grb2. May phosphorylate the voltage-gated potassium channel protein Kv1.2. Its activation is highly correlated with the stimulation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase activity. Involved in osmotic stress-dependent SNCA 'Tyr-125' phosphorylation. In concert with SRC, plays an important role in osteoclastic bone resorption. Both the formation of a SRC-PTK2B complex, and SRC kinase activity are necessary for this function. The Tyr-402 phosphorylated form serves as a docking site for SRC and is important for the organization of the osteoclast actin cytoskeleton and attachment sites and for bone resorption.
Tissue specificityMost abundant in the brain, with highest levels in amygdala and hippocampus. Low levels in kidney. Also expressed in spleen and lymphocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. FAK subfamily.
Contains 1 FERM domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on tyrosine residues in response to various stimuli that elevate the intracellular calcium concentration, as well as by PKC activation. Recruitment by nephrocystin to cell matrix adhesions initiates Tyr-402 phosphorylation. In monocytes, adherence to substrata is required for tyrosine phosphorylation and kinase activation. Angiotensin II, thapsigargin and L-alpha-lysophosphatidic acid (LPA) also induce autophosphorylation and increase kinase activity.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Interaction with nephrocystin induces the membrane-association of the kinase.
- Information by UniProt
- CADTK antibody
- CAK-beta antibody
- CAKB antibody
Peptide Competition: Extracts prepared from CEF cells expressing Pyk2 and plated on fibronectin were resolved by SDS-PAGE on a 10% Tris glycine gel. The proteins were then transferred to nitrocellulose. Membranes were blocked with a 5% BSA-TBST buffer overnight at 4oC, then were incubated with 0.50
µg/mL ab4800 antibody, following prior incubation with: no peptide (1), the non-phosphopeptide corresponding to phosphopeptide immunogen (2), a generic phosphotyrosine containing peptide (3), the phosphopeptide corresponding to tyrosine 397 on FAK (4), or, the phosphopeptide immunogen (5). After washing, membranes were incubated with goat F(ab’)2 anti-rabbit IgG alkaline phosphatase and bands were detected using the Tropix WesternStar method. The data show that only the phosphopeptide corresponding to this site blocks the antibody signal, therefore demonstrating the specificity of ab4800 antibody for this phosphorylated residue. Peptide Competition: Extracts p
Figure shows Pyk2 staining: Normal mouse mammary (NmuMG) cells were treated with TGFbeta and then grown to confluence, fixed and permeabilized. ab4800 was identified using a selective PSSA followed by incubation with a Cy3-conjugated anti-rabbit secondary antibody (red). F actin was visualized with Oregon Green-conjugated phalloiden (green) and paxillin staining is indicated in blue. The merged image indicates colocalization (purple) of ab4800, F-actin and paxillin in focal adhesion structures.
ab4800 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Sai C et al. Cyclin Dependent Kinase 1 (CDK1) Activates Cardiac Fibroblasts via Directly Phosphorylating Paxillin at Ser244. Int Heart J 60:374-383 (2019). PubMed: 30745530
- Wang Q et al. Small molecule FAK activator promotes human intestinal epithelial monolayer wound closure and mouse ulcer healing. Sci Rep 9:14669 (2019). PubMed: 31604999
- Tiede S et al. The FAK inhibitor BI 853520 exerts anti-tumor effects in breast cancer. Oncogenesis 7:73 (2018). PubMed: 30237500
- Haidari M et al. Disruption of endothelial adherens junctions by high glucose is mediated by protein kinase C-ß-dependent vascular endothelial cadherin tyrosine phosphorylation. Cardiovasc Diabetol 13:112 (2014). Human . PubMed: 25027642
- Haidari M et al. Atorvastatin preserves the integrity of endothelial adherens junctions by inhibiting vascular endothelial cadherin tyrosine phosphorylation. Exp Cell Res 318:1673-84 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22659162
- Xie H et al. Silencing or Amplification of Endocannabinoid Signaling in Blastocysts via CB1 Compromises Trophoblast Cell Migration. J Biol Chem 287:32288-97 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22833670
- Suo L et al. Protocadherin clusters and cell adhesion kinase regulate dendrite complexity through Rho GTPase. J Mol Cell Biol : (2012). PubMed: 22730554
- Schober M et al. Focal adhesion kinase modulates tension signaling to control actin and focal adhesion dynamics. J Cell Biol 176:667-80 (2007). PubMed: 17325207