Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR12455(B)] to Pyruvate Dehydrogenase E2
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Pyruvate Dehydrogenase E2 antibody [EPR12455(B)]
See all Pyruvate Dehydrogenase E2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR12455(B)] to Pyruvate Dehydrogenase E2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) within Human Pyruvate Dehydrogenase E2 aa 550 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P10515
- HeLa, HepG2, Jurkat and 293T cell lysates; HepG2 and Jurkat cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab172617 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 69 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/100.|
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
FunctionThe pyruvate dehydrogenase complex catalyzes the overall conversion of pyruvate to acetyl-CoA and CO(2). It contains multiple copies of three enzymatic components: pyruvate dehydrogenase (E1), dihydrolipoamide acetyltransferase (E2) and lipoamide dehydrogenase (E3).
Involvement in diseaseNote=Primary biliary cirrhosis is a chronic, progressive cholestatic liver disease characterized by the presence of antimitochondrial autoantibodies in patients' serum. It manifests with inflammatory obliteration of intra-hepatic bile duct, leading to liver cell damage and cirrhosis. Patients with primary biliary cirrhosis show autoantibodies against the E2 component of pyruvate dehydrogenase complex.
Defects in DLAT are the cause of pyruvate dehydrogenase E2 deficiency (PDHE2 deficiency) [MIM:245348]; also known as lactic acidemia due to defect of E2 lipoyl transacetylase of the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex. Pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH) deficiency is a major cause of primary lactic acidosis and neurological dysfunction in infancy and early childhood. In this form of PDH deficiency episodic dystonia is the major neurological manifestation, with other more common features of pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency, such as hypotonia and ataxia, being less prominent.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the 2-oxoacid dehydrogenase family.
Contains 2 lipoyl-binding domains.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- 70 kDa mitochondrial autoantigen of primary biliary cirrhosis antibody
- Dihydrolipoamide acetyltransferase component of pyruvate dehydrogenase complex antibody
- Dihydrolipoamide S Acetyltransferase antibody
All lanes : Anti-Pyruvate Dehydrogenase E2 antibody [EPR12455(B)] (ab172617) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 3 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 4 : 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 69 kDa
Immunofluorescent analysis of HepG2 cells labeling Pyruvate Dehydrogenase E2 with ab172617 at 1/50 dilution.
Western blot analysis on immunoprecipitation pellet from HepG2 cell lysate immunoprecipitated using ab172617 at 1/10 dilution.
Flow cytometric analysis of permeabilized Jurkat cells labeling Pyruvate Dehydrogenase E2 with ab172617 at 1/10 dilution (red), compared to a rabbit IgG negative control (green).
ab172617 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Majmudar JD et al. 4'-Phosphopantetheine and long acyl chain-dependent interactions are integral to human mitochondrial acyl carrier protein function. Medchemcomm 10:209-220 (2019). PubMed: 30881609
- Tang M et al. Hippocampal proteomic changes of susceptibility and resilience to depression or anxiety in a rat model of chronic mild stress. Transl Psychiatry 9:260 (2019). PubMed: 31624233