Key features and details
- Potent, cell-permeable, irreversible broad-spectrum caspase inhibitor
- CAS Number: 1135695-98-5
- Purity: > 95%
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameQVD-OPh, caspase inhibitor
DescriptionPotent, cell-permeable, irreversible broad-spectrum caspase inhibitor
Biological descriptionPotent, cell-permeable, irreversible broad-spectrum caspase inhibitor (IC50 values are 25, 50, 100 and 430 nM for caspase-3, 1, 8 and 9 respectively). Inhibits apoptosis. Shows anti-ischemic and neuroprotective effects in vivo. Blood-brain barrier permeable.
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called 1170 Q-VD-OPh. 1170-5 is the same size as the 5 mg size of ab141421.
SequenceVD (Modifications: N-terminal quinolyl; C-terminal OPh)
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Research Area
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Signal transduction
- Hedgehog signaling
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141421 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Chen H et al. Caspase inhibition rescues F1Fo ATP synthase dysfunction-mediated dendritic spine elimination. Sci Rep 10:17589 (2020). PubMed: 33067541
- Mamriev D et al. A small-molecule ARTS mimetic promotes apoptosis through degradation of both XIAP and Bcl-2. Cell Death Dis 11:483 (2020). PubMed: 32587235
- Fisch D et al. Human GBP1 is a microbe-specific gatekeeper of macrophage apoptosis and pyroptosis. EMBO J 38:e100926 (2019). PubMed: 31268602
- Sarraf SA et al. PINK1/Parkin Influences Cell Cycle by Sequestering TBK1 at Damaged Mitochondria, Inhibiting Mitosis. Cell Rep 29:225-235.e5 (2019). PubMed: 31577952
- Zhang Y et al. Rescue of Pink1 Deficiency by Stress-Dependent Activation of Autophagy. Cell Chem Biol 24:471-480.e4 (2017). PubMed: 28366621
- Suzuki A et al. c-Jun N-terminal kinase-mediated Rubicon expression enhances hepatocyte lipoapoptosis and promotes hepatocyte ballooning. World J Gastroenterol 22:6509-19 (2016). PubMed: 27605885