Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [4E2] to RAB10
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-RAB10 antibody [4E2]
See all RAB10 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [4E2] to RAB10
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Purified recombinant fragment of Human RAB10 expressed in E. coli.
- Hela and NIH/3T3 cell lysates; LOVO cells
This product was changed from ascites to supernatant. Lot no’s high than GR120151-16 are from Tissue Culture Supernatant
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab104859 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/200 - 1/1000.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 23 kDa.|
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionThe small GTPases Rab are key regulators of intracellular membrane trafficking, from the formation of transport vesicles to their fusion with membranes. Rabs cycle between an inactive GDP-bound form and an active GTP-bound form that is able to recruit to membranes different set of downstream effectors directly responsible for vesicle formation, movement, tethering and fusion (By similarity). That Rab is mainly involved in the biosynthetic transport of proteins from the Golgi to the plasma membrane. Regulates, for instance, SLC2A4/GLUT4 glucose transporter-enriched vesicles delivery to the plasma membrane. In parallel, it regulates the transport of TLR4, a toll-like receptor to the plasma membrane and therefore may be important for innate immune response. Plays also a specific role in asymmetric protein transport to the plasma membrane within the polarized neuron and epithelial cells. In neurons, it is involved in axonogenesis through regulation of vesicular membrane trafficking toward the axonal plasma membrane while in epithelial cells, it regulates transport from the Golgi to the basolateral membrane. Moreover, may play a role in the basolateral recycling pathway and in phagosome maturation. According to PubMed:23263280, may play a role in endoplasmic reticulum dynamics and morphology controlling tubulation along microtubules and tubules fusion.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Rab family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Golgi apparatus, trans-Golgi network membrane. Endosome membrane. Recycling endosome membrane. Cytoplasmic vesicle, phagosome membrane. Cell projection, cilium. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Associates with SLC2A4/GLUT4 storage vesicles (PubMed:22908308). Localizes to the base of the cilium (PubMed:20576682). Transiently associates with phagosomes (By similarity). Localizes to the endoplasmic reticulum at domains of new tubule growth (PubMed:23263280).
- Information by UniProt
- GTP binding protein RAB10 antibody
- Rab10 antibody
- RAB10 member RAS oncogene family antibody
All lanes : Anti-RAB10 antibody [4E2] (ab104859) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Hela cell lysate
Lane 2 : NIH/3T3 cell lysate
Predicted band size: 23 kDa
Immunofluorescence analysis of LOVO cells using ab104859 (green). Blue: DRAQ5 fluorescent DNA dye.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab104859 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab104859, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91653, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
ab104859 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Alshafie W et al. Regulated resurfacing of a somatostatin receptor storage compartment fine-tunes pituitary secretion. J Cell Biol 219:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31825461
- Lucken-Ardjomande Häsler S et al. GRAF2, WDR44, and MICAL1 mediate Rab8/10/11-dependent export of E-cadherin, MMP14, and CFTR ?F508. J Cell Biol 219:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32344433
- Zhang YJ et al. microRNA-519d Induces Autophagy and Apoptosis of Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells Through Activation of the AMPK Signaling Pathway via Rab10. Cancer Manag Res 12:2589-2602 (2020). PubMed: 32346312
- Actis Dato V et al. Insulin-induced exocytosis regulates the cell surface level of low-density lipoprotein-related protein-1 in Müller Glial cells. Biochem J 475:1669-1685 (2018). PubMed: 29669912
- Lin YH et al. RAB10 Interacts with the Male Germ Cell-Specific GTPase-Activating Protein during Mammalian Spermiogenesis. Int J Mol Sci 18:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28067790
- Lindsay AJ et al. Identification and characterization of multiple novel Rab-myosin Va interactions. Mol Biol Cell 24:3420-34 (2013). ICC/IF . PubMed: 24006491
- Paul C & Robaire B Impaired function of the blood-testis barrier during aging is preceded by a decline in cell adhesion proteins and GTPases. PLoS One 8:e84354 (2013). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 24391944