Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Rab11A
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Rab11A antibody
See all Rab11A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Rab11A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Sheep, Chicken, Cow, Rhesus monkey
- Recombinant Human Rab11A protein (ab117177) can be used as a positive control in WB. This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Human Whole Cell Lysates: HeLa, Jurkat, MCF7, SHSY-5Y
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65200 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 24 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionRegulates endocytic recycling. May exert its functions by interacting with multiple effector proteins in different complexes. Acts as a major regulator of membrane delivery during cytokinesis. Together with MYO5B and RAB8A participates in epithelial cell polarization. Together with RAB3IP, RAB8A, the exocyst complex, PARD3, PRKCI, ANXA2, CDC42 and DNMBP promotes transcytosis of PODXL to the apical membrane initiation sites (AMIS), apical surface formation and lumenogenesis (By similarity). Together with MYO5B participates in CFTR trafficking to the plasma membrane and TF (Transferrin) recycling in nonpolarized cells. Required in a complex with MYO5B and RAB11FIP2 for the transport of NPC1L1 to the plasma membrane. Participates in the sorting and basolateral transport of CDH1 from the Golgi apparatus to the plasma membrane. Regulates the recycling of FCGRT (receptor of Fc region of monomeric Ig G) to basolateral membranes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Rab family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Recycling endosome membrane. Cleavage furrow. Translocates with RAB11FIP2 from the vesicles of the endocytic recycling compartment (ERC) to the plasma membrane. Localizes to the cleavage furrow. Colocalizes with PARD3, PRKCI, EXOC5, OCLN, PODXL and RAB8A in apical membrane initiation sites (AMIS) during the generation of apical surface and luminogenesis.
- Information by UniProt
- MGC1490 antibody
- Rab 11 antibody
- Rab 11A antibody
ICC/IF image of ab65200 stained MCF-7 cells. The cells were fixed with 4% PFA (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal Goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab65200 at 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue). This antibody also gave a positive result in 100% methanol (5 min) fixed MCF7 cells at 5µg/ml.
All lanes : Anti-Rab11A antibody (ab65200) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : SHSY-5Y (Human neuroblastoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 24 kDa
Observed band size: 24 kDa
Additional bands at: 26 kDa (possible post-translational modification), 45 kDa, 72 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
We believe that the additional bands observed at 45 and 72 kDa may be a result of disulphide-linked forms of the Rab11 protein
ab65200 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Genoyer E & López CB Defective Viral Genomes Alter How Sendai Virus Interacts with Cellular Trafficking Machinery, Leading to Heterogeneity in the Production of Viral Particles among Infected Cells. J Virol 93:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30463965
- Faris R et al. Chlamydia trachomatis CT229 Subverts Rab GTPase-Dependent CCV Trafficking Pathways to Promote Chlamydial Infection. Cell Rep 26:3380-3390.e5 (2019). PubMed: 30893609
- Song J & Wang C Transcriptomic and proteomic analyses of genetic factors influencing adductor muscle coloration in QN Orange scallops. BMC Genomics 20:363 (2019). PubMed: 31072381
- Sun Y et al. SFTS phlebovirus promotes LC3-II accumulation and nonstructural protein of SFTS phlebovirus co-localizes with autophagy proteins. Sci Rep 8:5287 (2018). PubMed: 29588492
- Lee SM et al. Recognition of Double-Stranded RNA and Regulation of Interferon Pathway by Toll-Like Receptor 10. Front Immunol 9:516 (2018). PubMed: 29616030