Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Rab4 - Early Endosome Marker
- Suitable for: WB, ICC
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Rab4 antibody - Early Endosome Marker
See all Rab4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Rab4 - Early Endosome Marker
SpecificityThis antibody is very specific for Rab4. To our knowledge this antibody does not cross-react with other Rab proteins. However, as there are dozens of different proteins in the Rab family, not every single one has been tested for cross-reactivity with this antibody.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant fusion protein (Human) expressed in E.coli.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13252 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 26 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25.6 kDa).|
|ICC||1/200 - 1/500.|
FunctionProtein transport. Probably involved in vesicular traffic.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Rab family.
modificationsPhosphorylated by CDK1 kinase during mitosis.
Cellular localizationMembrane. Cytoplasm. Generally associated with membranes. Cytoplasmic when phosphorylated by CDK1.
- Information by UniProt
- HRES 1 / RAB4 antibody
- Oncogene RAB4 antibody
- Rab 4 antibody
ab13252, rabbit polyclonal to Rab4 was used in fixed primary cultures of rat hippocampal neurons (embryonic day 18) at a dilution of 1/200. A secondary goat anti-rabbit antibody was used for detection (Alexa Fluor 488; 1/200; green). Confocal microscopy revealed typically punctuate immunofluorescence expected of Rab4 in these neurons. The red colour labelling is that of monoclonal mouse anti-beta-tubulin II at a 1/400 dilution, followed by secondary goat anti-mouse Alexa Fluor 568.
Anti-Rab4 antibody - Early Endosome Marker (ab13252) at 1/1000 dilution + Lysates prepared from rat brain tissue
Predicted band size: 25.6 kDa
ab13252 has been referenced in 26 publications.
- Noch EK et al. Distribution and localization of phosphatidylinositol 5-phosphate, 4-kinase alpha and beta in the brain. J Comp Neurol N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32449185
- Actis Dato V et al. LRP1-Mediated AggLDL Endocytosis Promotes Cholesteryl Ester Accumulation and Impairs Insulin Response in HL-1 Cells. Cells 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31936892
- Bonsi P et al. RGS9-2 rescues dopamine D2 receptor levels and signaling in DYT1 dystonia mouse models. EMBO Mol Med 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30552094
- Tower-Gilchrist C et al. Adaptor protein-3 complex is required for Vangl2 trafficking and planar cell polarity of the inner ear. Mol Biol Cell 30:2422-2434 (2019). PubMed: 31268833
- Jaldín-Fincati JR et al. Activated a2-Macroglobulin Regulates LRP1 Levels at the Plasma Membrane through the Activation of a Rab10-dependent Exocytic Pathway in Retinal Müller Glial Cells. Sci Rep 9:13234 (2019). PubMed: 31519919