Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Rab5
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Cow, Human, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2.68% PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13253 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use Bouin's fixative to fix tissue.
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionRequired for the fusion of plasma membranes and early endosomes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Rab family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Early endosome membrane. Melanosome. Enriched in stage I melanosomes.
- Information by UniProt
- RAB 5 antibody
- RAB 5A antibody
- RAB5A antibody
Confocal microscopy of fixed primary cultures of rat hippocampal neurons (embryonic day 18) showing immunocytochemical labelling of polyclonal rabbit anti-Rab5 (Abcam ab13253, 1/200; Alexa Fluor 488; 1/200; green) and monoclonal mouse anti-tubulin-II (Alexa Fluor 568 1/200; red). Magnification 63x; insert 180x.
ab13253 Rabbit polyclonal to Rab5 was used in in fixed HEK cells that had been transfected with Rab5-GFP Fluorescence microscopy of fixed Rab5-transfected HEK cells showing (left to right) immunocytochemical labelling of rabbit polyclonal Rab5 (ab13253, 1/500; Cy3; red), and Rab5-GFP (green) with their overlay (far right). Scale bar = 7µm. Showing good co-localisation.
ab13253 at 1/100 dilution staining Rab5 in mouse back skin tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Bouin's fixative fixed paraffin-embedded tissue section). Antigen retrieval was done by microwave in citrate buffer. A Fluorophore-conjugated goat anti-rabbit secondary was used at 1/50 dilution.
ab13253 has been referenced in 28 publications.
- Carim SC et al. IPIP27 Coordinates PtdIns(4,5)P2 Homeostasis for Successful Cytokinesis. Curr Biol 29:775-789.e7 (2019). PubMed: 30799246
- Tower-Gilchrist C et al. Adaptor protein-3 complex is required for Vangl2 trafficking and planar cell polarity of the inner ear. Mol Biol Cell 30:2422-2434 (2019). PubMed: 31268833
- Tian S et al. Genome-wide CRISPR screens for Shiga toxins and ricin reveal Golgi proteins critical for glycosylation. PLoS Biol 16:e2006951 (2018). PubMed: 30481169
- Roy S et al. Macrophage-Derived Neuropilin-2 Exhibits Novel Tumor-Promoting Functions. Cancer Res 78:5600-5617 (2018). PubMed: 30111533
- Kim T et al. Timely regulated sorting from early to late endosomes is required to maintain cerebellar long-term depression. Nat Commun 8:401 (2017). PubMed: 28864821