Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR14873] to RAB8A - C-terminal (PE)
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: PE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Product nameAnti-RAB8A antibody [EPR14873] - C-terminal (PE)
See all RAB8A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR14873] to RAB8A - C-terminal (PE)
ConjugationPE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) within Human RAB8A aa 150 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P61006
- Flow Cyt: HeLa cells ICC/IF: HeLa cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at 4°C (stable for up to 12 months). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-RAB8A antibody [EPR14873] (ab188574)
- Anti-RAB8A antibody [EPR14873] - C-terminal (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab207548)
- Anti-RAB8A antibody [EPR14873] - C-terminal (HRP) (ab209046)
- Anti-RAB8A antibody [EPR14873] - C-terminal (Alexa Fluor® 555) (ab212004)
- Anti-RAB8A antibody [EPR14873] - C-terminal (Alexa Fluor® 568) (ab212005)
- Anti-RAB8A antibody [EPR14873] - C-terminal (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab212006)
- Anti-RAB8A antibody [EPR14873] - Low endotoxin, Azide free (ab221780)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab210666 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
This product gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min)
FunctionMay be involved in vesicular trafficking and neurotransmitter release. Together with RAB11A, RAB3IP, the exocyst complex, PARD3, PRKCI, ANXA2, CDC42 and DNMBP promotes transcytosis of PODXL to the apical membrane initiation sites (AMIS), apical surface formation and lumenogenesis. Together with MYO5B and RAB11A participates in epithelial cell polarization.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Rab family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Golgi apparatus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Cell projection. Colocalizes with OPTN at the Golgi complex and in vesicular structures close to the plasma membrane. In the GDP-bound form, present in the perinuclear region. Shows a polarized distribution to distal regions of cell protrusions in the GTP-bound form. Colocalizes with PARD3, PRKCI, EXOC5, OCLN, PODXL and RAB11A in apical membrane initiation sites (AMIS) during the generation of apical surface and luminogenesis.
- Information by UniProt
- AA409338 antibody
- MEL antibody
- Mel transforming oncogene (derived from cell line NK14) RAB8 homolog antibody
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab210666 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 90% methanol for 30 min at -20°C. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab210666, 1/2500 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C.
Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) Phycoerythrin (ab209478) used at the same concentration and conditions as the primary antibody. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control.
Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 50mW Yellow-Green laser (561nm) and 586/15 bandpass filter.
ab210666 staining RAB8A in HeLa cells. The cells were fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min), permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated overnight at +4°C with ab210666 at 1/100 dilution (Pseudocolored in green) and ab195884, Rat monoclonal to Tubulin (Alexa Fluor® 647), at 1/250 dilution (shown in red). Nuclear DNA was labelled with DAPI (shown in blue).
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Leica-Microsystems, TCS SP8).
ab210666 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.