Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 2.0828 ng/ml
- Range: 6.25 ng/ml - 200 ng/ml
- Sample type: Other biological fluids, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rabbit
Product nameRabbit C Reactive Protein (PTX1) ELISA Kit
See all C Reactive Protein kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 10% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 10%
Sample typeSerum, Plasma, Other biological fluids
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range6.25 ng/ml - 200 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum > 85 % - %
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rabbit
Abcam’s C Reactive Protein (PTX1) Rabbit ELISA Kit is a highly sensitive two-site enzyme linked immunoassay (ELISA) for measuring C Reactive Protein levels in rabbit serum and plasma.
In this assay the C Reactive Protein present in samples reacts with the anti-C Reactive Protein antibodies which have been adsorbed to the surface of polystyrene microtitre wells. After the removal of unbound proteins by washing, anti-C Reactive Protein antibodies conjugated with horseradish peroxidase (HRP), are added. These enzyme-labeled antibodies form complexes with the previously bound C Reactive Protein. Following another washing step, the enzyme bound to the immunosorbent is assayed by the addition of a chromogenic substrate, 3,3’,5,5’-tetramethylbenzidine (TMB). The quantity of bound enzyme varies directly with the concentration of C Reactive Protein in the sample tested; thus, the absorbance, at 450 nm, is a measure of the concentration of C Reactive Protein in the test sample. The quantity of C Reactive Protein in the test sample can be interpolated from the standard curve constructed from the standards, and corrected for sample dilution.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit C Reactive Protein antibody 1 x 150µl 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 50ml 5X Diluent Concentrate 1 x 50ml Chromogen Substrate Solution 1 x 12ml Rabbit C Reactive Protein Calibrator (lyophilized) 1 vial Rabbit C Reactive Protein ELISA Microplate 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
FunctionDisplays several functions associated with host defense: it promotes agglutination, bacterial capsular swelling, phagocytosis and complement fixation through its calcium-dependent binding to phosphorylcholine. Can interact with DNA and histones and may scavenge nuclear material released from damaged circulating cells.
Tissue specificityFound in plasma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the pentaxin family.
Contains 1 pentaxin domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Pentraxin 1, short
- C reactive protein
- C reactive protein pentraxin related
ab157726 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Pérez-Baos S et al. Inhibition of pSTAT1 by tofacitinib accounts for the early improvement of experimental chronic synovitis. J Inflamm (Lond) 16:2 (2019). PubMed: 30728752
- Pérez-Baos S et al. Tofacitinib restores the inhibition of reverse cholesterol transport induced by inflammation: understanding the lipid paradox associated with rheumatoid arthritis. Br J Pharmacol 174:3018-3031 (2017). PubMed: 28646516
- Little RD et al. Compensatory anabolic signaling in the sarcopenia of experimental chronic arthritis. Sci Rep 7:6311 (2017). PubMed: 28740214
- Larrañaga-Vera A et al. Increased synovial lipodystrophy induced by high fat diet aggravates synovitis in experimental osteoarthritis. Arthritis Res Ther 19:264 (2017). PubMed: 29191221