Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Rac1
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Rac1 antibody
See all Rac1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Rac1
Specificityab97732 detects endogenous levels of total Rac1 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Recombinant Human Rac1 protein (ab51014) can be used as a positive control in WB. HeLa cells; A431 cell extracts.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab97732 was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97732 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200.|
FunctionPlasma membrane-associated small GTPase which cycles between active GTP-bound and inactive GDP-bound states. In its active state, binds to a variety of effector proteins to regulate cellular responses such as secretory processes, phagocytosis of apoptotic cells, epithelial cell polarization and growth-factor induced formation of membrane ruffles. Rac1 p21/rho GDI heterodimer is the active component of the cytosolic factor sigma 1, which is involved in stimulation of the NADPH oxidase activity in macrophages (By similarity). Essential for the SPATA13-mediated regulation of cell migration and adhesion assembly and disassembly.
Isoform B has an accelerated GEF-independent GDP/GTP exchange and an impaired GTP hydrolysis, which is restored partially by GTPase-activating proteins. It is able to bind to the GTPase-binding domain of PAK but not full-length PAK in a GTP-dependent manner, suggesting that the insertion does not completely abolish effector interaction.
Tissue specificityIsoform B is predominantly identified in skin and epithelial tissues from the intestinal tract. Its expression is elevated in colorectal tumors at various stages of neoplastic progression, as compared to their respective adjacent tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Rho family.
DomainThe effector region mediates interaction with DEF6.
modificationsAMPylation at Tyr-32 and Thr-35 are mediated by bacterial enzymes in case of infection by H.somnus and V.parahaemolyticus, respectively. AMPylation occurs in the effector region and leads to inactivation of the GTPase activity by preventing the interaction with downstream effectors, thereby inhibiting actin assembly in infected cells. It is unclear whether some human enzyme mediates AMPylation; FICD has such ability in vitro but additional experiments remain to be done to confirm results in vivo.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Melanosome. Inner surface of plasma membrane possibly with attachment requiring prenylation of the C-terminal cysteine (By similarity). Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
FormRac1 has high sequence homology with other Rac proteins. Therefore some antibodies may show cross-reactivity.
- Cell migration inducing gene 5 protein antibody
- Cell migration-inducing gene 5 protein antibody
- MGC111543 antibody
ab97732 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Zhang X et al. MicroRNA 483-3p targets Pard3 to potentiate TGF-ß1-induced cell migration, invasion, and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in anaplastic thyroid cancer cells. Oncogene 38:699-715 (2019). PubMed: 30171257
- Li G et al. Acupuncture Administration Improves Cognitive Functions and Alleviates Inflammation and Nuclear Damage by Regulating Phosphatidylinositol 3 Kinase (PI3K)/Phosphoinositol-Dependent Kinase 1 (PDK1)/Novel Protein Kinase C (nPKC)/Rac 1 Signaling Pathway in Senescence-Accelerated Prone 8 (SAM-P8) Mice. Med Sci Monit 25:4082-4093 (2019). PubMed: 31152645
- Liu B et al. Knockdown of lncRNA LSINCT5 suppresses growth and metastasis of human glioma cells via up-regulating miR-451. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 47:2507-2515 (2019). PubMed: 31213092
- Feng H et al. Involvement of Ubiquitin-Editing Protein A20 in Modulating Inflammation in Rat Cochlea Associated with Silver Nanoparticle-Induced CD68 Upregulation and TLR4 Activation. Nanoscale Res Lett 11:240 (2016). ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 27142878
- Montagner A et al. Src is activated by the nuclear receptor peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ß/d in ultraviolet radiation-induced skin cancer. EMBO Mol Med 6:80-98 (2014). IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 24203162