Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to RAD18
- Suitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-RAD18 antibody
See all RAD18 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RAD18
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human RAD18 aa 295-495.
KSAAEI VREIENIEKT RMRLEASKLN ESVMVFTKDQ TEKEIDEIHS KYRKKHKSEF QLLVDQARKG YKKIAGMSQK TVTITKEDES TEKLSSVCMG QEDNMTSVTN HFSQSKLDSP EELEPDREED SSSCIDIQEV LSSSESDSCN SSSSDIIRDL LEEEEAWEAS HKNDLQDTEI SPRQNRRTRA AESAEIEPRN KRNRN
Database link: Q9NS91
- Irradiated U2OS cells and lysate, NIH-3T3 cell lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab188235 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
Fixation with 3% PFA 10 min, RT and afterwards permeabilization with methanol for 2 min.
FunctionE3 ubiquitin-protein ligase involved in postreplication repair of UV-damaged DNA. Postreplication repair functions in gap-filling of a daughter strand on replication of damaged DNA. Associates to the E2 ubiquitin conjugating enzyme UBE2B to form the UBE2B-RAD18 ubiquitin ligase complex involved in mono-ubiquitination of DNA-associated PCNA on 'Lys-164'. Has ssDNA binding activity.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the RAD18 family.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 SAP domain.
Contains 1 UBZ-type zinc finger.
- Information by UniProt
- 2810024C04Rik antibody
- DNA repair protein rad18 antibody
- E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase RAD18 antibody
All lanes : Anti-RAD18 antibody (ab188235) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Control U2OS cell lysate
Lane 2 : RAD18 si treated U2OS cell lysate
Lane 3 : NIH-3T3 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 40 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 56 kDa
Immunofluorescent analysis of U2OS cells fixed in 3% PFA for 10 mins and permeabilised with methanol for 2 mins, then irradiated with 3Gy of IR for 1.5h labeling RAD18 with ab188235 at 1/600 dilution. Rad18 (red) ; DAPI (blue).
Immunofluorescent analysis of RAD18 expression in U2OS control cells and RAD18 siRNA treated U2OS cells, using ab188235 at 1/2000 dilution.
Immunofluorescent analysis U2OS cells fixed in 3% PFA 10 mins and permeabilised with methanol 2 mins irradiated with 3Gy IR for 1.5h labeling RAD18 with ab188235 (1), DNA (2) and merged (3)
Western blot analysis (using ab188235) of immunoprecipitation from U2OS cell lysates(lysated in 0.5% NP40)
Lane 1: Input
Lane 2: immunoprecipitate with control serum+protein A sepharose.
Lane 3: immunoprecipitate with ab188235+ protein A sepharose.
ab188235 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Li P et al. RAD18 promotes colorectal cancer metastasis by activating the epithelial-mesenchymal transition pathway. Oncol Rep N/A:N/A (2020). WB, IHC ; Human . PubMed: 32319669
- Spies J et al. 53BP1 nuclear bodies enforce replication timing at under-replicated DNA to limit heritable DNA damage. Nat Cell Biol N/A:N/A (2019). WB, IF ; Human . PubMed: 30804506
- Wu X et al. Crosstalk between Lys63- and Lys11-polyubiquitin signaling at DNA damage sites is driven by Cezanne. Genes Dev N/A:N/A (2019). WB, IF ; Human . PubMed: 31699778
- Meng X et al. Genetic Deficiency of Mtdh Gene in Mice Causes Male Infertility via Impaired Spermatogenesis and Alterations in the Expression of Small Non-coding RNAs. J Biol Chem 290:11853-64 (2015). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 25787082