Product nameAnti-Rad53 antibody [EL7.E1]
See all Rad53 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [EL7.E1] to Rad53
SpecificityThis antibody recognises a range of Rad53 isoforms in yeast extracts but does not react with human or mouse Chk2. Other species not tested.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Does not react with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Rad53. Yeast RAD53 produced as a recombinant protein in E. coli.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 6.97% L-Arginine
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab166859 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 92 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 92 kDa).|
FunctionControls S-phase checkpoint as well as G1 and G2 DNA damage checkpoints. Phosphorylates proteins on serine, threonine, and tyrosine. Prevents entry into anaphase and mitotic exit after DNA damage via regulation of the Polo kinase CDC5. Seems to be involved in the phosphorylation of RPH1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CHEK2 subfamily.
Contains 2 FHA domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainFHA domains are phosphothreonine recognition modules, FHA 1 strongly selects for Asp at position +3 relative to phosphothreonine, whereas FHA 2 selects for Ile in this position.
- Information by UniProt
- CHEK2 homolog antibody
- CHK2 homolog antibody
- MEC2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Rad53 antibody [EL7.E1] (ab166859) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : TCA preps from S. cerevisiae cells
Lane 2 : TCA preps from S. cerevisiae cells treated with Hydroxyurea (HU)
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Mouse IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97040) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 92 kDa
Observed band size: 92 kDa
Additional bands at: 50 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 20 minutes
Western Blot showing ab166859 detecting both unphosphorylated and phosphorylated Rad53.
ab166859 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- Schmidt TT et al. Alterations in cellular metabolism triggered by URA7 or GLN3 inactivation cause imbalanced dNTP pools and increased mutagenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:E4442-E4451 (2017). WB ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae . PubMed: 28416670
- Mehta A et al. Homology Requirements and Competition between Gene Conversion and Break-Induced Replication during Double-Strand Break Repair. Mol Cell 65:515-526.e3 (2017). PubMed: 28065599
- Ferrari E et al. PP2A Controls Genome Integrity by Integrating Nutrient-Sensing and Metabolic Pathways with the DNA Damage Response. Mol Cell 67:266-281.e4 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28648781
- Eapen VV et al. A pathway of targeted autophagy is induced by DNA damage in budding yeast. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:E1158-E1167 (2017). PubMed: 28154131
- Tsabar M et al. Asf1 facilitates dephosphorylation of Rad53 after DNA double-strand break repair. Genes Dev 30:1211-24 (2016). PubMed: 27222517