Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [Rad54 4E3/1] to RAD54
- Suitable for: IP, WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Clone numberRad54 4E3/1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11055 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 84.3 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionInvolved in DNA repair and mitotic recombination. Functions in the recombinational DNA repair (RAD52) pathway. Dissociates RAD51 from nucleoprotein filaments formed on dsDNA. Could be involved in the turnover of RAD51 protein-dsDNA filaments (By similarity). May play also an essential role in telomere length maintenance and telomere capping in mammalian cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SNF2/RAD54 helicase family.
Contains 1 helicase ATP-binding domain.
Contains 1 helicase C-terminal domain.
- Information by UniProt
- DNA repair and recombination protein RAD54 like antibody
- DNA repair and recombination protein RAD54-like antibody
- hHR 54 antibody
Anti-RAD54 antibody [Rad54 4E3/1] (ab11055) at 1/1000 dilution (in blocker + PBS + 0.1% Tween for 4 hours at 4°C) + HCT116p53wt cells (whole cell lysate) at 30 µg
An Alexa Fluor®680 goat anti-mouse polyclonal at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 84.3 kDa
Observed band size: 71 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 94 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Overlay histogram showing HeLA cells stained with ab11055 (red line). The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab11055, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was Mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab11055 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Kondrashova O et al. Secondary Somatic Mutations RestoringRAD51CandRAD51DAssociated with Acquired Resistance to the PARP Inhibitor Rucaparib in High-Grade Ovarian Carcinoma. Cancer Discov 7:984-998 (2017). PubMed: 28588062
- Beck C et al. PARP3 affects the relative contribution of homologous recombination and nonhomologous end-joining pathways. Nucleic Acids Res 42:5616-32 (2014). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 24598253
- Mason JM et al. The RAD51-stimulatory compound RS-1 can exploit the RAD51 overexpression that exists in cancer cells and tumors. Cancer Res 74:3546-55 (2014). PubMed: 24753542
- Muylaert I & Elias P Contributions of nucleotide excision repair, DNA polymerase eta, and homologous recombination to replication of UV-irradiated herpes simplex virus type 1. J Biol Chem 285:13761-8 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20215648
- Murzik U et al. Rad54B targeting to DNA double-strand break repair sites requires complex formation with S100A11. Mol Biol Cell 19:2926-35 (2008). Human . PubMed: 18463164