Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MM0520-8D11] to RAGE
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-RAGE antibody [MM0520-8D11]
See all RAGE primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MM0520-8D11] to RAGE
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant Human RAGE extracellular domain.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesThe IgG fraction of culture supernatant was purified by Protein G affinity chromatography and 0.2 µm filtered.
FunctionMediates interactions of advanced glycosylation end products (AGE). These are nonenzymatically glycosylated proteins which accumulate in vascular tissue in aging and at an accelerated rate in diabetes. Acts as a mediator of both acute and chronic vascular inflammation in conditions such as atherosclerosis and in particular as a complication of diabetes. AGE/RAGE signaling plays an important role in regulating the production/expression of TNF-alpha, oxidative stress, and endothelial dysfunction in type 2 diabetes. Interaction with S100A12 on endothelium, mononuclear phagocytes, and lymphocytes triggers cellular activation, with generation of key proinflammatory mediators. Interaction with S100B after myocardial infarction may play a role in myocyte apoptosis by activating ERK1/2 and p53/TP53 signaling (By similarity). Receptor for amyloid beta peptide. Contributes to the translocation of amyloid-beta peptide (ABPP) across the cell membrane from the extracellular to the intracellular space in cortical neurons. ABPP-initiated RAGE signaling, especially stimulation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), has the capacity to drive a transport system delivering ABPP as a complex with RAGE to the intraneuronal space.
Tissue specificityEndothelial cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Advanced glycosylation end product-specific receptor antibody
- Ager antibody
- DAMA 358M23.4 antibody
ab89911 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Jang EJ et al. HMGB1 enhances AGE-mediated VSMC proliferation via an increase in 5-LO-linked RAGE expression. Vascul Pharmacol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30954689
- Strieder-Barboza C et al. Advanced glycation end-products regulate extracellular matrix-adipocyte metabolic crosstalk in diabetes. Sci Rep 9:19748 (2019). PubMed: 31875018
- Huang CY et al. HMGB1 promotes ERK-mediated mitochondrial Drp1 phosphorylation for chemoresistance through RAGE in colorectal cancer. Cell Death Dis 9:1004 (2018). PubMed: 30258050
- Chen YH et al. AGE/RAGE-Induced EMP Release via the NOX-Derived ROS Pathway. J Diabetes Res 2018:6823058 (2018). PubMed: 29744367
- Fuller KNZ et al. A single high-fat meal alters human soluble RAGE profiles and PBMC RAGE expression with no effect of prior aerobic exercise. Physiol Rep 6:e13811 (2018). PubMed: 30047241
- Son M et al. Evidence for C1q-mediated crosslinking of CD33/LAIR-1 inhibitory immunoreceptors and biological control of CD33/LAIR-1 expression. Sci Rep 7:270 (2017). PubMed: 28325905
- Vogel S et al. Activated platelets interfere with recruitment of mesenchymal stem cells to apoptotic cardiac cells via high mobility group box 1/Toll-like receptor 4-mediated down-regulation of hepatocyte growth factor receptor MET. J Biol Chem 289:11068-82 (2014). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 24567328