Product nameAnti-Ran antibody
See all Ran primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Ran
SpecificityObserved cross-reactivity with ~26 kDa tag.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Recombinant fusion protein (S. cerevisiae).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: Whole serum
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11693 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 25 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
FunctionGTP-binding protein involved in nucleocytoplasmic transport. Required for the import of protein into the nucleus and also for RNA export. Involved in chromatin condensation and control of cell cycle (By similarity). The complex with BIRC5/ survivin plays a role in mitotic spindle formation by serving as a physical scaffold to help deliver the RAN effector molecule TPX2 to microtubules.
Enhances AR-mediated transactivation. Transactivation decreases as the poly-Gln length within AR increases.
Tissue specificityExpressed in a variety of tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Ran family.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Melanosome. Becomes dispersed throughout the cytoplasm during mitosis. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- Androgen receptor associated protein 24 antibody
- Androgen receptor-associated protein 24 antibody
- ARA 24 antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Roubinet C et al. Spatio-temporally separated cortical flows and spindle geometry establish physical asymmetry in fly neural stem cells. Nat Commun 8:1383 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 29123099) »
- Sun J et al. Dendrobium candidum inhibits MCF-7 cells proliferation by inducing cell cycle arrest at G2/M phase and regulating key biomarkers. Onco Targets Ther 9:21-30 (2016). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 26730200) »