Product nameAnti-Ran antibody
See all Ran primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Ran
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide within Human Ran aa 150 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P62826
- HeLa and A431 cells. Normal breast
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0268% PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31118 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionGTP-binding protein involved in nucleocytoplasmic transport. Required for the import of protein into the nucleus and also for RNA export. Involved in chromatin condensation and control of cell cycle (By similarity). The complex with BIRC5/ survivin plays a role in mitotic spindle formation by serving as a physical scaffold to help deliver the RAN effector molecule TPX2 to microtubules.
Enhances AR-mediated transactivation. Transactivation decreases as the poly-Gln length within AR increases.
Tissue specificityExpressed in a variety of tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Ran family.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Melanosome. Becomes dispersed throughout the cytoplasm during mitosis. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- Androgen receptor associated protein 24 antibody
- Androgen receptor-associated protein 24 antibody
- ARA 24 antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Chen WS et al. Ran-dependent TPX2 activation promotes acentrosomal microtubule nucleation in neurons. Sci Rep 7:42297 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28205572) »
- Graham JD et al. DNA replication licensing and progenitor numbers are increased by progesterone in normal human breast. Endocrinology 150:3318-26 (2009). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19342456) »