Product nameAnti-Ran antibody [EPR10790(B)]
See all Ran primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR10790(B)] to Ran
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid residues in Human Ran was used as an immunogen (UniProt ID P62826).
- 293T, HeLa and Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899). 293T cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab157213 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
FunctionGTP-binding protein involved in nucleocytoplasmic transport. Required for the import of protein into the nucleus and also for RNA export. Involved in chromatin condensation and control of cell cycle (By similarity). The complex with BIRC5/ survivin plays a role in mitotic spindle formation by serving as a physical scaffold to help deliver the RAN effector molecule TPX2 to microtubules.
Enhances AR-mediated transactivation. Transactivation decreases as the poly-Gln length within AR increases.
Tissue specificityExpressed in a variety of tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Ran family.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Melanosome. Becomes dispersed throughout the cytoplasm during mitosis. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- Androgen receptor associated protein 24 antibody
- Androgen receptor-associated protein 24 antibody
- ARA 24 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Ran antibody [EPR10790(B)] (ab157213) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 24 kDa
Immunofluorescent analysis of 293T cells, labeling Ran with ab157213 at 1/100 dilution.
This product has been referenced in:
- Deng Q et al. HepaCAM inhibits cell proliferation and invasion in prostate cancer by suppressing nuclear translocation of the androgen receptor via its cytoplasmic domain. Mol Med Rep 19:2115-2124 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30664187) »
- Wang F et al. Nuclear translocation of fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) is regulated by Karyopherin-ß2 and Ran GTPase in human glioblastoma cells. Oncotarget 6:21468-78 (2015). Read more (PubMed: 26056081) »